Some rumours on 06 Corolla...

Shouyi

Hi,

I found these comments on Toyota Club Singapore Website:

"Toyota has ordered all export markets in SE Asia to obtain their stocks from Thailand. And they're not changing that anytime soon. The distribution network from Thailand is already in place.

Toyota has said that Toyota JDM will NOT officially export any cars from their home base in the near future. The G10 will surely come from Thailand whether we like it or not.

And I have news that the G10 will NOT be available with a underpowered 1.6L anymore. The base engine will be a brand new 1.8L with dual VVTi (as seen in the Crown and new GS300). The top of the line model will be a upgraded Camry 2.4L (also with dual VVTi) producing around 170hp. It'll be hooked up to a 5 speed manumatic.

The G10 will be even bigger than the Altis both inside and out. "

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

if that's the case, what will be toyota's budget car fleet is altis is upgraded?

with those upgrade, the price will be upgraded as well. hehehe, unless market trend during that time will mature and 1.8L is already a norm. a scenario quite unlikely to happen, unless... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] gov [lipsrsealed] step [lipsrsealed] in [lipsrsealed] do [lipsrsealed] something [lipsrsealed] lor... [lipsrsealed]

i think they gearing up for the market who wants underpowered cars no more? Just a speculation.

Then, wat about current Mit Lancer, Nissan Sunny, Protege amd Mazda3 owners? [furious] Wat to do? [bigcry]

Edited by Normal_aspirated
↡ Advertisement