Product Review - einszett (1Z) Glanz wax (Part 2)

Tien

Neutral Newbie

ok, apologize for the long wait as pretty busy lately.

for those of you who have expressed interest in einszett, here is a follow-up review after one month...

date of first application: end Nov 04

car wash cycle: once every week, with car shampoo

carpark: open space carpark with some pathetic skinny trees to provide some shade...

after 1 month of rain and shine, Glanz wax is still holding up pretty well.

shine - again, cannot comment cos car is relatively new - which new car doesnt shine?

slickness - it feels the same as I first applied Glanz wax - not as slick as other waxes.

beading - it is still beading. water beads are mostly small, no longer "perfectly round" but still closely/ tightly packed. unlike when the wax is fresh, size of water beads is starting to vary ie. some bigger, some smaller. see attached photo.

watermarks - the wax is doing it's job protecting the paintwork. no water mark present despite the car being parked in the open space day in day out, rain and shine.

up to this stage, i am pretty impressed by how the wax is holding up. some deterioration is evident after 1 month but that's to be expected. will continue with the weekily wash routine and see how long Glanz wax can really last - 3 to 4 months as claimed by the manufacturer?

for more info, refer to www.zedott.com

post-14-1106447847_thumb.jpg

post-14-1106447848_thumb.jpg

post-14-1106447849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tien
↡ Advertisement

so how?? how's the wax doing it's job? i was offered the sample bottle to try but am still thinking cos that means removing the autogylm on my car

Neutral Newbie

3 mths have passed and the wax more or less gone liao. soon i will have to re-wax again.

3mths in our climate... i think the wax can cnsider quite good liao. not forgetting we got lots of rain in dec. without the dec raining season, i think the wax probably can last 4 mths.

hmmm.....now i am thinking between autogylm (now on my car and it really shines), klasse and einszett pdts. you didnt use the polish 1st??

Neutral Newbie

was rushing off from office earlier so didnt give you a complete reply...

as mentioned earlier, the wax is more or less gone after slightly more than 3 months parking in open space. water beads... not much of a bead i would say cos they are more like small paddles of water. some bird poo marks are no longer that easy to wipe off as well. slight water marks showing too.

nonetheless, i would say the manufacturer isnt lying when it states that Glanz wax can last 3-4 months in humid climate and 6mths in drier climate. to that, i am a happy consumer.

so far, i only used the metallic polish wax once - only that once when i first started with einszett products. thereafter, in order to test the durability of glanz wax, i didnt apply anything else onto my car except weekly wash with car shampoo. based on my ONE-TIME experience, the polish is quite easy to use but not very much different from the other more premium brands available. some rubbing is needed (else how to polish off the dirt?) and it is easy to buff off as well. covers light swirls pretty well. surface is smooth after polish. shine is not as good compared to glanz wax though. nv get to try water beading property cos i applied glanz wax on top of the polish with one session. all in all, i would say the polish is good to use but it doesnt have the WOW factor as compared to glanz wax.

as to whether you should try einszett... it's entirely up to you. understand you recently paid for a professional polish and wax service so i would suggest you wait till the current layer of autoglym wears out before trying anything else. after all, you paid good money for it already, no point stripping it off and wasting that money right?

alternatively, you can simply apply einszett over autoglym. yes, i know the teaching is that you shouldnt but i did that myself (was using HG88 before switching to einszett) and dont see any harm in doing that tongue.gif

if you wish to DIY with autoglym... i would just say autoglym isnt the easiest product of the three to use. i first started with autoglym, polish twice and gave up - it is too time consuming and tiring for my 30 yr old body. i switched to HG88 and later, einszett. i still have the super resin polish if you interested. you can have the whole bottle if you want.

between klasse and einszett... einszett seems cheaper to me so i decided to use it. do note that my decision is based entirely on $$$ consideration between these 2 products.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Just wanna confirm, I read that Glanz will stain trim?

i read that too but from my own testing, glanz does not stain... nod.gif

i am not a careful person. when i wax, some wax will certainty kena the rubber seals around windows/doors, the plastic door handles, window visors, head lamp covers, etc. previously when i was using autoglym and HG88, they tend to leave a stain mark behind. no matter how i tried, couldnt get them off.

glanz will also dry into a white/greyish film on rubber and plastic but can be easily wipe off with any cloth of tissue paper. no visible mark left behind.

i deliberately apply glanz onto a small part of my back passager window... wipe off easily too with no visible mark left behind.

no problem on chrome also.

this is one of the reasons i like glanz: fast and easy to use, no need worry about stain and white residue in those tiny gaps or uneven surfaces (eg. edge around the bonnet's washer spray, uneven surface of side turning indicator)

Edited by Tien

hmmm.....last question. are there water marks? yup, i have paid quite a bit for the autogylm grooming and knows that the product isn't too easy to use. I am now using soft99 wax on the autogylm and it's okie. Now to compare einszett and klasse in terms of ease of use and $$. Guess I need to check on pricing of klasse. If i use einszett, most probably will use the polish then wax...next round of polish will probably when it's time to claybar wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

yours also open carpark like mine yeah, rain + hot sunshine sure have watermarks sooner or later lor unsure.gif

lucky thing is that seldom rain these days wink.gif

guess no matter what product you use, if you dont wipe off the watermarks within 48 hours, you would need to polish in order remove the marks.

bottomline = how diligent r you in removing watermarks. the faster you wipe them off, the easier they come off. the long you leave the marks on, the more difficult to remove.

another thing is how often you wax your car. if you wax every week (possible with einszett since it is easy to use), wax is always "fresh" and so easier to remove water mark (just wipe it off).

if you lazy like me, dont clean/wipe/etc except car wash once a week (plus nv wax, not even once, for the past 3 mths)... then you will definitely get some marks tongue.gif

oh...i wax at least once bi-weekly. want to see which suits better. autogylm no no for me unless get ppl to do it. it has good effect too but waiting time is too long.........

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

when you want to try, i will pass you mine and you can try on your car (provide your own workmanship, pls). better this way to see if glanz is what you looking for wink.gif

if not suitable, no need to waste money mah laugh.gif

Edited by Tien

After much tiresome work on waxing my ride 2x so far, the time and effort waxing it and post cleaning of cloth and pad, I decided enough is enough for my 35 year old body.

Upon Tien's review and recommendation, despite the high cost ($30 for a 500ml bottle; $60 for 1 litre+free delivery), I ordered 2 bottles of Glanz Wax. The hook for me was the ease of application. Wipe once. Dry. Clean (not buff) off with cloth.

[inline DSC01685.JPG]

I will be trying them soon. My 3M Liquid Wax was just applied for close to 1 week already and the shine and smoothness is still there, except for the bonnet area. I will wash and try Glanz Wax 2 weeks later. I will also take some macro shots to show the beading, if possible.

[inline DSC01683.JPG]

post-14-1117115817_thumb.jpg

post-14-1117115818_thumb.jpg

What wax were you using previously?

I am using the einszett products and indeed very easy to use, very important to me being a firstime car owner and know nuts about detailing. Can actually put the liquid wax into a spray bottle, so just spray and wipe. Take less than 30mins to do my car aveo5, no swirl mark, nice beading when rain the other day. The next day car dry, still look [thumbsup].

[:)] I also decided on it after reading Tien's review.

Gen2,

Thanks for the info. I'm sure Glaz Wax users are keen to try new products from the same line.

Weezersg,

I was using 3M Liquid Wax previously. Cheap and good. Shine stays on plus the smoothness too. Can last for 1 month. Problem is, I'm lazy to apply until haze then buff. Siong. Not good for my 35 year old body. [laugh] Furthermore, using it on my applicator pad wasn't a problem until I had to clean the applicator pad. Even after squeezing the excess stuff off, which will always accumulate, and soaking the applicator pad for days in Mama lemon dishwashing liquid (which worked but pretty slow), it was still a hassle.

If money can buy convenience and save time, I'll buy that product. Thus Glanz Wax.

↡ Advertisement