Best PPS for black car? GLARE or 3mendouz?

Pquek

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I am looking for a good PPS for my black car which i'll be collecting soon.

Good is defined by easy to maintain, good shine and durable.

Glare is pretty popular but i was told that 3mendouz is even better -- anyone used 3mendouz before? (www.3mendouz.com.sg)

I'm probably not considering other PPS like Ultrashield, Tuff Kote System 6 etc...

Comments will be most welcome.

thanks!

↡ Advertisement

hi fren,

i am looking around for one too when collecting my car...

do you have the price comparision between 3mendouz and Glare? what about follow up treatments?

what about other types like Toughseal or Ultimate shield? do you think that the PPS is the best technology?

Neutral Newbie

From what I've gathered, Toughseal/Ultimate Shield haven't got really good comments so far.

At the other end of the spectrum, some of the cheap PPS treatments are:

Corro Glaze - http://www.corrotec.biz/CG.htm ($168???)

Mister Glossy - http://www.mister.com.sg/mrglossy.html (???)

Corro Glaze seems pretty value for money, compared to the $500+ for Glaze...

Anyone used Corro Glaze and can give their comments?

I'm 2 months into Glare. shine is still there. didn't even bother to use the DIY kit to make it shinier. maybe someone with longer experience with glare would comment.

think for ur ride is ard 398. but if check if there is any current promotion somtime some card got 50% off. i did my at 199. worth it. [thumbsup] alreadi went for 2 time left 2 to go.

Hi,

Glare is pretty popular but i was told that 3mendouz is even better -- anyone used 3mendouz before? (www.3mendouz.com.sg)

I'm probably not considering other PPS like Ultrashield, Tuff Kote System 6 etc...

thanks!

I have used 3mendous and Glare before and both did not last beyond a month. To me they do not work unless u go back to them weekly for washings and recoatings. In the end I would rather go for Zaino packages as its similar is price but lasts longer and looks much better on black.

Neutral Newbie

But Zaino packages are not PPS right? That means once it'll be gone after a week or so and need to redo if want to maintain the gloss and shine.

From what i gathered, PPS can shine but no deep gloss. For me its a compromise as i do not forsee myself diligently waxing it etc etc... i need something relatively maintenance free with good results.

my blackie car will be going in for glare this thursday. Chris (boss at Paya Ubi) said that the $50 extra is for older black cars with lots of water marks and other stains altho he did waive it for me coz my car is 6 weeks old.

Prices are now $488 and you get a 10% off if u sign with DBS or Citibank cards.

They gaurantee shine for 18 months and in between, u get 3 car spas where they wil touch up etc... [:)]

oh, i am trying to squeeze him into knocking out one dent ( [furious] due to a hit from the driver coming out of his car next to mine) for free too. Cheaper than at PDR i think. $30 for first dent, $15 for subsequent ones (touch wood!)

Edited by Scoobyhigh

I'm driving a 2 month old black trajet, did PPS @ 3mendouz shine about 5 weeks ago...after 3 snow washes...am still happy wid the shine....paid about $400 for one time application....after that up to you to return for re-application @ $148 ( MPVs ) if you want...was told to go there nine months later for him to inspect to see need to re-apply or not...Jerry's the boss there...nice guy.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Anyone tried Corro Glaze before, please give your comments.

From what I've gathered, Toughseal/Ultimate Shield haven't got really good comments so far.

At the other end of the spectrum, some of the cheap PPS treatments are:

Corro Glaze - http://www.corrotec.biz/CG.htm ($168???)

Mister Glossy - http://www.mister.com.sg/mrglossy.html (???)

Corro Glaze seems pretty value for money, compared to the $500+ for Glaze...

Anyone used Corro Glaze and can give their comments?

My view, cannot compare PPS with other gloss/shine products, seems like they serve different purposes.

I look to PPS for ease of maintenance, eg. stains very easy to remove, they dont stick so much, easy to wash dirt off etc, and the paint doesnt dull much.

But remember PPS doesnt mean scratch proof ah.

Want extra shiny shiny for special occasions / hot date ?

Easy, just quickly and lightly apply wax over it after u do your regular wash.

Try Hi-Glaze 88, a german product.

Did a sealant polish with Hi-Glaze 88 for $88 at Punggol Plaza.

The guy, Teo told me not to send my car for snow watch or shampoo wash 'cos the chemical are quite arasive to your car paintwork. Listen to his advice, I send my car for sealant wash & i'm happy with the shine, it's getting richer & shiner.

Hi,

thanks!

↡ Advertisement