The powerful ExxonMobil marketting in action

Genie47

EM gave warranty leh. Damn bold.

==================

But as I read, the warranty is upto the OCI for that specific oil. U must change at that milage, so in fact the warranty expires exactly when u change the oil. But wear & tear will need some time to become serious & noticeable. By that time, the warranty has expired.

Also must read the "fine print" if anything will void the warranty & what is actually covered in the warranty. Most pple don't bother about the details. See got warranty, so must b safe to use. When want to claim, everything also cannot. [sweatdrop] Sounds like insurance companies. [sly]

↡ Advertisement

All renault cars also oil change interval @ 20,000KM. That applies to even to the 1st oil change. Somemore the cars are using the normal Mobil 1 fully syn oil.

Edited by Rickster

wah.. like that.. wear nos should be quite high right? Unless like Honda also.. got special coating in the cylinders...machum friction modifiers.

I believe all the conti cars should have something done to their engine...perhaps pre run-in alrdy? & also some form of special coating like u mentioned. Else the manufacturers would not be so stupid to put that in their maintenance booklet and get the agent to recommend.

Neutral Newbie

EM is smart man.

Actually they dont need to make any real formulae changes - nor will they have to prove or honour any guarantee - and they dare to do make such claims becuase they as what Mobil likes to say " WE ARE DRIVERS TOO" - and they know, SG drivers SEE BEI KAISEE - will change oil every 5 - 10K plus they like to buy the best oils.

Someone is making vice president at EM for this stunt. [thumbsdown]

hmm...i thought u were saying motul very good....

i have free servicing with free oil ( i think at borneo motors they use castrol isit w50 oil ?) , dunno if i should use mobil one 10w30 instead which i got from Giant ?

Edited by Azarael

Neutral Newbie
i will be trying the Mobil 1 EP 5w30... [:)]

my motul oil seems to be breaking down [dizzy] at 8+k. [dead]

[shakehead]Many people tried to tell you. Motul is branding. Yes, they do make great top end products (300V), but their HTEC or 7100 is actually lesser than other brand products you can buy at the same price.

Recognise quality for what it is, not what price it is sold at.

Neutral Newbie

What Mobil 1 EP really is:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/sho...=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Btw, 25,000 OCI on BMWs, haha. Try opening up the oil filler cap on a BMW late into their interval and you'll see the brown stain around the filler, tell tale sign of oil in bad shape. Oil analysis example below.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=15000