ACDelco Platinum Spark Plugs & Ultra Grounding Cables

Akbk

Neutral Newbie

Dear All,

Was at the Motorshow when I came across the booths for the two products.

The ACDelco Spark Plug cost 13.50/ea at the show instead of the usual 18.00. The technical guy was rather convincing and I ended up buying 4 for my 2.0GDI Galant. He stated the the plugs will last about 30000 to 50000 km and will enhance the power output for the car...anyone tried these plugs before? Any comments? Heard from a friend that incorrect plugs may cost more demage to the car sweatdrop.gif ... it is true? Do I need to upgrade my spark plugs cables to enjoy the returns?

An on the Ultra Grounding Cables, they were offered at $180 for the Galant (inc of installation), usual price claimed to be above $200. I have read in the forum and heard from friends that grounding can be done for less than $100... why the difference confused.gif ? The Ultra Cables sure look impressive. You feedbacks will be appreciated.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Not too sure abt spark plugs [confused] are those platinum or iridium???

As for the grounding, i've done it for my car at less than $50, i guess the major diff would be the leads/connectors used for connecting the wires up. Saw one booth selling them at $180... only visible diff to me was the leads/connectors were gold-plated [jawdrop] . My under-$50 grounding did some improvements to my car (probably it was an old car that's why!!!)....smoother idling, better ICE & brighter lights [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks.

They are Platinum.

Anyone knows whether the 'heat range' is suited for the Mit Galant? I was not able to find corresponding ACDelco part on their website based on the specs for spark plugs given in the owner's manual. [confused]

I understand that incorrect plugs actually do more harm than good for the car...

Yes, the Ultra Earth Cable I saw is the gold plated ones...still don't understand why such a big difference in price...Looks like everyone agree that grounding does have improvement on the car...

Neutral Newbie

Why the difference ??

The guys you meet at the Motorshow are in for profits. They got overheads to cover. Imagine if their cost is S$50.00 - they charge S$180.00, thats a hefty S$130.00 profit per car. In Singapore, they call that Labour Charges.

Cool does it for members without hefty overheads ..... but the results are the same eventually. The logic is similar to why authorised agents charge more for their cars than P. Importers ....

was quoted 200rm for brisk cables and another 200rm for 1 set of brisk iridium sparkies from a ws in jb! ex or not uh? i not very sure! can any bros comment! TQ in advance.

↡ Advertisement