Mark cool air con

Mivec9

went mark cool to repair air con as had just pump air con gas 1 mth ago.

upon check, it was only the aircon power plug loose....no change of anything...

and that barger kei kei wanna check other stuff, say got leakage ..wana change stupid black rubber hoses for $45...siao!!

in the end, i just say see how and pay only $2 for CHECKING...

trick is next time be smart and open eyes when mechanic servicing ur car [thumbsup][sunny]

↡ Advertisement

Seems strange. I've been using them for some years & find them very good & honest.

Was it one of the foremen who attended to you of some of the younger mechanics?

Ah Huat & Ah Koon r very reliable.

I'm not connected with them but many of the bros from motor forums use them with good results.

Maybe there was really something wrong with the hoses or stuff? [confused][confused][confused]

I'm very straightforward. If a w/s is good, I will say so & defend them if necessary but if I find them lousy or cheats, I will also say so.

Sorry to hear u had such a bad experience with them.

hee...i must say they r one of the more honest ones compared to other workshops...most their repairs less 100 bucks...maybe i am being too niao...

it's the son who did the repair and got the cheek to reply to his dad in hokkien abt the connector loose.

lucky was there to see, else kana chop liao [sweatdrop]

Maybe next time when u go there, go see the foreman first. He will attend to your car & if u got any issues, take it up with him directly.

That's what I do. I even give him a little kopi $$$ for a job well done sometimes.

Maybe the son who attended to u want to follow in father's footsteps & become a businessman too. [knife][knife] Hahaha. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Let me revive this ancient discussion.

I went to Mark Cool to fix air con issue: Air con is not cold / or taking long time to cool the vehicle.

One work shop advised me compressor spoilt, need to change - $600.  :ph34r:

I went to Mark Cool and met Ah Huat. After taking out the parts to inspect, he concluded need to change air filter, clean up the parts, and top up air con gas. Damage, guess how much? 

After I left Mark Cool, Air con is now cold and efficient. Thumbs up!

I went to Mark Cool to fix air con issue: Air con is not cold / or taking long time to cool the vehicle.

One work shop advised me compressor spoilt, need to change - $600. :ph34r:

I went to Mark Cool and met Ah Huat. After taking out the parts to inspect, he concluded need to change air filter, clean up the parts, and top up air con gas. Damage, guess how much?

bro i was in the same situation as u 10 months back.

Ah huat took out my radiator to wash and clean. put back and top-up gas, it has been as cool as ever.

Other workshops still ask me to some bypass pipes or some shit. Luckily never kana carrot.

• Praise 2

bro i was in the same situation as u 10 months back.

Ah huat took out my radiator to wash and clean. put back and top-up gas, it has been as cool as ever.

Other workshops still ask me to some bypass pipes or some shit. Luckily never kana carrot.

Your mech so cheem. Want to bypass pipe create work for himself. My mech smarter, tell me change whole compressor sua. LOL

Your mech so cheem. Want to bypass pipe create work for himself. My mech smarter, tell me change whole compressor sua. LOL

one mech say my compressor not enuf strength after measure dunno low or hi side. when i asked y only measure one side, reply was only need to know one side to conclude compressor issue..

then another occasion say cooling coil issue cos ac pipe freezing, but cooling coil still looked new after dismantling..

I went Mark cool last month, but Ah huat was busy and he apologised for unable to serve me. But when he saw my disappointed look, he put down his tools, and came to see me just before I wanted to leave.. He merely touched a few pipes in the aircon system, confirmed its due to dirty filter. True enough, the filter was grey in color and damp. Somemore got dead cockroach.. Aircon blowing strong wind than ever before.

Really thumbs up for his professionalism and service.

one mech say my compressor not enuf strength after measure dunno low or hi side. when i asked y only measure one side, reply was only need to know one side to conclude compressor issue..

then another occasion say cooling coil issue cos ac pipe freezing, but cooling coil still looked new after dismantling..

Lol bro, ur WS mech use a special gauge that look like weighting scale? It has 2 analog meters on the top. They will plug to your compressor

One meter is to test how much gas u have left in ur aircon, the reading should be higher the better.

Another meter is to test your compressor reliability. The reading should be lower the better

My mech say the compressor reading not very good. It shows 40 plus. Hence, he say compressor spoilt, need to change.

I jitao "har?".

But to be fair to this WS, they are good with engine troubleshooting. But not air con.

So i went Mark Cool and heng heng met Ah Huat! Air con problem solved! Friendly chap too!

Edited by attitude777

Lol bro, ur WS mech use a special gauge that look like weighting scale? It has 2 analog meters on the top. They will plug to your compressor

One meter is to test how much gas u have left in ur aircon, the reading should be higher the better.

Another meter is to test your compressor reliability. The reading should be lower the better

My mech say the compressor reading not very good. It shows 40 plus. Hence, he say compressor spoilt, need to change.

I jitao "har?".

But to be fair to this WS, they are good with engine troubleshooting. But not air con.

So i went Mark Cool and heng heng met Ah Huat! Air con problem solved! Friendly chap too!

yes, above 40psi mech said compressor bo lat.. i watch youtube pressure can be max at 45psi leh..

good for u to have met ah huat. my experience w him - he did a vacuum n recharge when i told him ac pipe freeze n ask me monitor before coming back to replace cooling coil if symptom persisted.. being experienced not a bad thing but may become complacent n assume things. smtimes better to follow sop that learn fr school for troubleshooting, or i guess time is money so shorter troubleshooting n change bigger parts more money sense.. (movin on, i suspect may be just expansion valve or compressor..)

Lol exactly. its the starter motor shop at midview batok. aircon was just sub out to a chap at the shop. They are still pretty hands on with the starter motors thou.

yes, above 40psi mech said compressor bo lat.. i watch youtube pressure can be max at 45psi leh..

good for u to have met ah huat. my experience w him - he did a vacuum n recharge when i told him ac pipe freeze n ask me monitor before coming back to replace cooling coil if symptom persisted.. being experienced not a bad thing but may become complacent n assume things. smtimes better to follow sop that learn fr school for troubleshooting, or i guess time is money so shorter troubleshooting n change bigger parts more money sense.. (movin on, i suspect may be just expansion valve or compressor..)

I also praise Ah Huat for his honesty and professionalism. He will tell u what's wrong and at what price for your decision w/o pressuring. The only prob is he is not familiar with Conti cars and is always crowded, can only catch him real early during weekdays. Pls don't go to other mech there for diagnose or u will get a negative exp.

Nowadays experienced and honest mech like Ah Huat is hard to come by in sg especially a/c repair & servicing.

Not affiliated to Mark Cool or Ah Huat 

One work shop advised me compressor spoilt, need to change - $600.  :ph34r:

So is how much arh? [confused]