HELP! my tweeters are makin me deaf

Headshok

hi guys,

Using an Orion amp with orion component speakers, now the problem is that, the sound is like 'too clear', or sharp. i've already lowered the treb to the max, but some music i play with vocals, are DAMM sharp, freq damm high and its really a pain to my ears. anyone out there can help me out on what to do?

CHeers guys.. [scholar]

↡ Advertisement

Get your installer to tune the sound for u, maybe hv to reposition the tweeters. Worse case your amp & speakers both on the bright side, so hv to replace either one [:p]

The people who sold you the system should make sure that you are satisfied with the setup. Go back to them and "cry father cry mother". If they cannot solve, demand refund but I don't think you'll get it. [:|]

That's why you should only buy from good installer!

Worst case get a preamp/eq to cut down on the highs.

Hi Gadgeter,

I'm using the CDX-F7700 one, but seriousl;ym are the tweeters suppose to be TAT hard on the ears? its rreally damm clear and loud, the too damm high liao... the tweeters are placed in the dash board, standard place for tweeters. well, i really no more $$$ to spend on another set lor.. is there aniting on the amp or aniwhere else i can adjust? some of these car installers really cut throat man!

Thanks guys! [pirate]

with understanding the you are running your components/tweeters from a amp. Try adjusting the setting there..

If not, popby Bishan on Friday night. Am sure there will be people here who can help,.

"Worst case get a preamp/eq to cut down on the highs. "

oh and i tot this was the only soloution [shocked]

aniway dude...on my amp there is nothing much to adjust also lei...only got a few knobs [shakehead] ... my HU also on min treble liao...my installer said the only other way is to change HU which i don wan to do [rolleyes][lipsrsealed]

eq is how much huh?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

now its my turn. dad juz changed the speakers to JBL. forgot what model alraedy, i'll go back to check. amp also installed liao. and my tweeters are making me deaf. [dizzy][hur][furious]

i need help. [laugh]

forgot to mention. my HU is stock still. [:|]

Edited by Ahhan7

Neutral Newbie

i think its becos it projects the vocals thats y its placed in frnt.

ICE guru correct me if im wrong. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

bring down all the setting from yr HEAD UNIT, adjust yr amp setting first ,gain,hfp,lpf to suit the music u listening them tune yr head unit for best result.

Neutral Newbie

where is the bishan meetup? Is it a ICE meetup?

Can I come to see see look look?

I got another solution for the bright tweeters. Use a cloth to cover it. Or turn it away facing the windscreen.

↡ Advertisement