Considering Trajet

Chuapcd

Hi,

Was always bias of korean cars due to it poor fuel consumption but after hearing some forumers did some logical calculation on the fuel cost against owning a japanese car....it make me re-look again at korea car. Am looking at Trajet and Tuscon, the previous look more worthwith as it allow me to have extra space when needed...whereas Tuscon look more rugged and nice....Can someone further comments on Trajet ? Do u think the price might go down further ? Many thanks

↡ Advertisement

As far as I know the new Trajet, FC is the same as Toyota Picnic. About 10 - 11km/l ..

The price different between the 2 of them is about $15.7K that is a lot in term of saving ..

My wife and I love the space, lookinf forward to own one in the future.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the feedback.....another concern is tat due to it big size...not sure if it it difficult to park and handle....never drive a MPV before. Do u face any problem with this car ? BTW, did u ever consider TOYOTA WISH before ?

Hi,

Was always bias of korean cars due to it poor fuel consumption but after hearing some forumers did some logical calculation on the fuel cost against owning a japanese car....it make me re-look again at korea car. Am looking at Trajet and Tuscon, the previous look more worthwith as it allow me to have extra space when needed...whereas Tuscon look more rugged and nice....Can someone further comments on Trajet ? Do u think the price might go down further ? Many thanks

Of course go for Trajet, why?

1. Now at $70,888 [nod]

2. Eight seater [nod]

3. CVVT Engine - better low end and FC [nod]

4. Rear Air Con provided [nod]

5 c/w VCD player and 7" Screen [nod]

6. value for money [nod]

What more do you want?

[thumbsup]

Yes, agree...Parking not a problem. Being driving one for almost 2 years now. So far no issue on parking except that can't park too near a pillar cos front door will be block.. [:)]

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the feedback.....another concern is tat due to it big size...not sure if it it difficult to park and handle....never drive a MPV before. Do u face any problem with this car ? BTW, did u ever consider TOYOTA WISH before ?

alamak, no problem lah... just a matter of getting used to it... even my wife can park the Trajet.

My brother has the Wish, different comparison altogether, like comparing apples to oranges.

hmm...they are both MPV so why comparing apples and oranges ? BTW, with your brother driving a WISH and you probably able to make some comparisons between the 2...so will you still want to buy a Trajet vs WISH if you were to given another chance? Thanks

Mine is end 2001 Trajet, my brother's is 2004 Wish, so cannot compare his with mine. But let's take 2005 Trajet with CVVT engine - this is what my own evaluation is :

1. Interior space - Trajet is huge (8-seater), Wish is smaller (7-seater)

2. Interior and exterior design - Wish definitely more swee (to me). Trajet interior is dated, even FL model no big change in interior.

3. Consumption - Wish is better (around 11km/l realistically) but Trajet CVVT (8-10 km/l) is not bad because more like-to-like comparison is Picnic which reportedly has similar FC (around 9km/l).

4. Pickup - of course Wish is better, but Trajet CVVT also not bad, based on my short test drive.

5. Road tax on Wish lower.

6. No factory-installed rear aircon in Wish. Believe me, i sat at last row before, can be a bit stuffy.

7. Trajet selling price much cheaper, cld be as much as $18K.

8. No airbags in Trajet.

9. Authorised agent support for Trajet. Wish - you have to depend on parallel importers.

Based on most recent prices, i worked out the per year straight-line depreciation + operating costs (including road tax and FC) between Trajet and Wish, ends up very similar. No clear winner. So really depends on a individual tastes and requirements.