Which Glare Outlet is better??

Blackbird

err...the ubi ppl told my fren to change her car cos they said nissan paintwork known to be of poorer quality....thumbsdown.gif they shldnt have said such things. makes ppl feel that they blame the car paintwork for poor workmanship, if any.

Neutral Newbie
Try the one at bkt batok. Witnessed the process and the results on one car groomed by them yest, pretty good.

Is it still at Bukit Batok ?? I went to unity today but couldn't fine them [confused]

Anyone knows if they have moved or did I lost my way in UNity !!

i think bkt batok no more liao...

now left with the ubi main branch and orchard parade hotel basement carpark...

my ride is with Glare...but frankly, my personal opinion is to go elsewhere for a more value for money package...

Neutral Newbie

hmmm , thing is i don't want to have to go for grooming every other month, so was hoping for one that can decently last 6 to 8 months before going again. Signed up for a 10x a year package on my previous car and had to force myself to make time every month for car grooming. Can be quite a pain [laugh]

any other recommendations ??

Edited by Fondue

there is no such thing as Glare one time and 6mths dun need to wash car, AND still maintain that lustrious shine...

watermarks will still appear...

there is no two ways about it, want ur car to shine, then must take care regularly...

Bro, you are 101% correct [thumbsup] I'm also on Glare and i still make a point to wash my car with their Glare shampoo every week and apply their Glare Polish on alternate weeks [:p] There is no such thing as Glare liao then can bo chap about car washing & cleaning one [:p] Want our cars to shine definately must put in some DIY effort or throw in $ for professionals to do the job on a regular basis [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Clarify ..... i am okay with washing car. wash at least 3x a week. Just want something that gives a decent look without having to visit "beautician" every month or so.

Also, if I use glare, after 18mths, will there be any issue if i switch to the regular grooming service (i.e. wax n polish) ??

thanks in advance for advise

Glare vs Zaino

I jus bought Mazda3 White colour, I have been reading awhile on these and Im still kinda in a fix on which should I choose for Paint Protection for my white car...not jus shine alone as I understand white cars cant be shine much.

So I like to request for all u guys advise at this point in time, which is better for my White car? Zaino or Glare? Or is there any better ones out there where money can buy? DIY is out for me due to my heavy workload:(

Can't really compare Glare and zaino. The former claim you don't need to re-do for a between 6-12months. Whereelse, Zaino, you will still need to maintain and re-do every now and then (especially if you want to keep it tip-top).

why cant really compare leh? i mean by going for glare or zaino grooming services, u would want tip top condition irregardless of price comparison, but bottomline is, which wan would prevent oxidation best?

esp. mine is white car where im afraid more for my protection of paint than compared to shine/polish without the possiblity of diying myself (due to work)and onli depending solely on grooming centres? [smallcry]

i heard tat glare claims they actually eats into the paint itself, bonds n protect it, tats why it could protect till the next inspection 6mths time, but then i heard tat glare after the 1st inspection they jus keeps adding on the layers by layers without taking out the oxidation.

and is glare really tat good dun have to go back till next inspection n jus weekly washing ur car with water will do?

Neutral Newbie
i heard tat glare claims they actually eats into the paint itself, bonds n protect it

ask them how do they actually get their sealant to "eat" into your clearcoat?

and all this from a chemical that they can pour out from a ordinary plastic bottle?

when you consider that it take days/months to get your clearcoat to fully dry, not to mention having to bake in the oven in high temp for hours...

...and that if their product is that advance, maybe we don't need a clearcoat liao.

Also if their product can "eat" into your clearcoat, it will be too harsh for my comfort and is a product you do best to avoid.

Make sense...? hur.gif

Edited by Silgt

Neutral Newbie

I won't go as far as to say which product is better than which...just don't go for Glare because of what they claim...i.e 5 years paint protection, 18 months warranty etc. The technology isn't available just yet for any ready-to-use product to work such miracle into your clearcoat. If they say it is, ask them to show verifiable proof! If you happen to check Glare's US website, you will be able to see many of their fake raves...and they even claim a helicopter which uses Glare are able to reduce drag and save fuel...now that joke really got me rolling on the floor and laugh my @ss out [laugh] [laugh]

For me, I would even choose Zaino over many other so-called "superior" products, nevermind Glare [rolleyes]

I do not respect Glare at all - they have no business integrity at all.

At CarNival at Marina this year, I approached the Glare person and he was telling me about their Dent Removal, which sounds very much like PDL (Paintless Dent Removal) at Capitol.

He claimed they are same company as PDL, which is not true when I checked out with Winston (Boss) of PDL.

Just based on this alone, I will never patronise Glare again. I was actualy about to take up a groming package from them.

Glare is for people who want to have a paint protector that will last for years with just a weekly washing in between, while zaino is almost like other polish/wax program (only better) where you have wash your car regularly and to either diy or have it retreated several times a year.

Then there are also Toughseal, PPS, etc that require min. maintainance. Personally, I will just go for Zaino (more ex.) or any of those polish/wax program. But for your requirement, one of the PPS program will be more suited to your needs which is to have a long lasting paint protection.

↡ Advertisement