Which Glare Outlet is better??

Blackbird

hi all, i am new to MCF.

i am also collecting my wheels soon.....it's black and so i've decided on zaino.

but i've heard from certain quarters that u sholud not get the car distributor to polish the car before collection or something....understand that it's better to collect it "unpolished" for the guys at the grooming centre to do their stuff.

Is this true?

It's ok to let the agent to the polishing for you. If you leave it to the groomer, they may charge you extra for that, cos of over-spray as some cars have to have some touch-up for dents/damage during shipment, etc.

Places like Zaino, Toughseal, etc will strip the wax b4 they start the treatment.

Edited by Silver_blade

Neutral Newbie
i am also collecting my wheels soon.....it's black and so i've decided on zaino.

but i've heard from certain quarters that u sholud not get the car distributor to polish the car before collection or something....understand that it's better to collect it "unpolished" for the guys at the grooming centre to do their stuff.

Is this true?

Yes it is true. PDI guys uses different products, meant for a quick job and the chemicals they use tends to be harsher and their polishers are not known for being "detail". Yes they will do an OK job but if you check most of the newly collected cars, you will have your answers crystal clear. bigcry.gif

I collected my car unpolished, but then again, the paint have already gone through severe beating having being parked in the manufacturer yard, shipyard and your dealers yard under all kind of weather condition, so why let the PDI guys abuse it again? Get it to your trusted detailer and although you have to pay $ for it, you will soon realised that "free" is not always better. nod.gif

Who are the good polishers in AMK? Anyone car has been done by this Malay guy Zul?

AMK. i search here all good experience pointed to AMK. Went there, no regrets.

Try to get their DIY kit for free. The polish is good for removing tough stains so that you no need to go back there for small small stains...

bro, should have read this forum and check the feedback. ubi one heard very thumbsdown.gif...

In Glare AMK, who are the best polisher? My friend tried this malay guy called Zul & said he's good.

AMK one very good to negotiate. e.g. if u want to change bodykit after glare, tell them before glaring, they don't mind glaring those bodykits for free. ubi one will charge to glare those bodykits.

Glare is a product brand - the only difference from other mass market brands is that it is only distributed to car grooming workshops. There are different grooming companies using Glare under franchise agreement. The company rep could be from one of these franchisee companies. Just dont patronize the company that the unethical salesperson is from, there are others to choose from.

If you really like to try Glare, can go to Groomworks at Jln Tua Kong. They offer Autoglym, Glare and Zaino - for you to choose. Zaino-ed my ride there, they did an okay job, friendly staff too.

Although the product is important, the workmanship is equally or even more critical in ensuring the best shine for your ride. Do consider both factors when deciding on a place.

Neutral Newbie

hi, ive heard saying about glare's bad point is that, if the car gets scratched within the 18 months, even those minor scratches, nothing can be done to to small scratch, isit true?

wellwell... of course not true la..... basically minor scratches can be removed anytime. What the detailing centre will do is to smoothen the scratches with a compound... re-shine the the clear coat with a smoother finisher. However, there is a limit to how many times this process can be done as basically each time this process is carried out.... certain micron of the clear coat is being removed.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

hi bro,

i've just join the forum and couldnt find locate the thread wher i can find the shops that u guys recommended. the shop that you had yr car Glare at amk is which part of it? mind sharing the address with me? me probably getting my car in 2 wks time and would like to bk an appt with them first.

thanks a lot!

(edited)

Swirl marks will definitely be there if you send your ride to be washed at petrol kiosks.

Glare is not a shield.

Edited by Nutty

Neutral Newbie

That's it... looks like it's glare for me. :) i drive a swift sport with the 's' stickers on the sides... any idea how glare will affect this?

↡ Advertisement