Tyre size changing.

Jiayong

hi guys. My old tyres were 195/50/15 and i downgraded my rims to 14 inch.

What size tyres should I use?

I used the convertor and thought that 185/60/14 should be ok. But now the tyre rubs whenever i do a full lock or a sharp turn.

Can someone please help me out? Cos the famous tyre shop that I bought from was so helpful when selling me the tyre but totally f*** care me and give half hearted answers when I question him about the problem.

Somemore I wasnt even demanding a exchange, I mad eit clear I was just enquiring about the correct size so I can trade in mine and top up for the correct ones.

But he simply just doesnt believe in after sales.

I should have listened to the bros here and not got that shop.

↡ Advertisement

The tyre size seems correct. What's the rim's off-set for the new ones vs the old ones?

Also, where is it touching?

Edited by Octopus

hmmm....from what u described, seems like the front wheels width (thickness) rubbed against the hub when u do sharp turn. maybe u wanna get 175/60/R14?

however u previous 195/50/R15 totally no rubber rubbing?? cos it's even thicker leh...

currently its -9 offset.

the old ones I am not sure but they had a spacer of about 2 inch..offset should be about 20+

eh..i dun think its the 185 part that causes the rubbing leh..but the 60 part..

sigh..but then iam also not sure lah...and the tyre shop dont seem the least bi interested to help out.

Rubbish shop....such a false friendly front. [mad]

should be your favourite shop..hahaha.. that shop not really that cheap..infact i was at leong seng last weekend to shop for 16inch rim.. they quoted me $950 for advanti rims wif bf tyres..which i find it quite resonable.. [bounce1]

yes..i know the figures are abit hard to imagine in todays cars.

But the figures are correct. 20+ offset with about 2 inch spacers.

Now I am using offset -9

Really old school deep dish. Very beautiful. [thumbsup]

what i dont like is how hypocritical they are yet seem to protray a really nice and friendly image in forums across singapore. [thumbsdown]

yes but my car was meant for 0 offset wheels...thats why the spacer last time and the removal of the spacer when i use the -9 rims.

Any way I was trying to convert by reversing their table.

Plus 1:

Increase section width by 10mm

Decrease aspect ratio by 10 points

Increase rim diameter by 1 inch

So if I minus one, i should do the reverse.

my old tyres were 195/50/15

So i should use 185/60/14?

So the tyre shop is correct and that its my offset that is killing me? I am confused...

my car...sigh...long story...meet up then tell you guys..

but the mech see liao also shake head and tell me..."mei you zhe me quai na che horr"

Not so fast get car horr....i hear liao i sian 1/2

u know i know can liao lah.

hmm..but on the other hand..give him some credit also...cos my car offset indeed very uncommon, not a everyday thing...

should be your favourite shop..hahaha.. that shop not really that cheap..infact i was at leong seng last weekend to shop for 16inch rim.. they quoted me $950 for advanti rims wif bf tyres..which i find it quite resonable.. bounce1.gif

nope... my favourite shop dun do such a thing one....

In fact, when I last went for my tire rotation, I was surprise that it is free (some shop practice this too).....

↡ Advertisement