Upholstery

F1fan

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I am looking for a shop to redo/rewrap my seats with fabric (probably two tone, i.e. two colours and two type of materials). Also redo the fabric on my doors, centre console etc.

Anybody got any recommendation where to do such work??? And how much? Anyone very happy with similar jobs done on their car before?

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

You can try this shop along Thomson Rd. They are located along a row of shop

houses diagonally across the road from Thomson Medical Centre, next to Shell. They are next to a shop called Auto Exec. It's a big yellow sign which you won't miss.

This lobang given by my friend. Not tried it before. Keep me updated if it's good.

Can try Primere @ kaki bukit industrial. They doing cosmetics of the car.

Last quoted was:

1. PVC - $450

2. 1/2 PVC, 1/2 Geniune - $700

3. Full leather - $1000+ (I guess)

is it v difficult to maintain leather especially if the car is not installed w V-kool? I've seen many Rovers, BMW with cracked leather. Age of car is about 5 years

Hi koolaba, sorry that I have yet to done my seats, and dun think they got website for this. But I do have their contacts and saw their workmanship, can give them a thumbsup. Contact Pamela @ 67487115

Hi Konspire,

from what i know, it is not advisable to go for PVC as they are not breatheable. Meaning they will not breathe when ur ontop of them. U will feel kinda warm and sweaty by then. As for cracking, even genuine leather cracks. Depends on how u take care of it. I personally feel that upgrade to 1/2 1/2 will be fine. Full genuine will cost a bomb, and full PVC sucks. They will get bloated too. (especially the window panel)

Sat on 1/2 1/2 before, it feels as good as full genuine.... The surface that yr body is contactable will be genuine, as for the rest, will be PVC. (ie back and bottom of seats)

There's another car upholstery but I cant recall the name. Think its a M'sia brand... Got a website somemore...

Edited by Mitlover

Hi, You can try this shop along Thomson Rd. They are located along a row of shop houses diagonally across the road from Thomson Medical Centre, next to Shell. They are next to a shop called Auto Exec. It's a big yellow sign which you won't miss.

This lobang given by my friend. Not tried it before. Keep me updated if it's good.

i used to live in the area in the 60s n 70s....... the shop was already there in those days....... used to see lots of expensive cars having their seats/interior done up by the old masters in the shop...........

Neutral Newbie
is it v difficult to maintain leather especially if the car is not installed w V-kool? I've seen many Rovers, BMW with cracked leather. Age of car is about 5 years

Usually, it is because those people don't bother to maintain the leather

↡ Advertisement