137 members have voted

1. 1.

• VKool
    • NanoLux
    • Huper Optik
    • Cool n Lite
    • Others

Neutral Newbie

Like what the monks always say... 'Shay pu loo te-yui, er Wo lu te-yui' = roughly translated to english "who will not go down to hell, I will go down myself" kekekeke

(edited)

Nope but thinking of it but need to gather more feedback. Juz checked out ABCool at Turf City. $88 for all windows and $268 for the whole car and they throw in free polishing worth $70. The shop primarily is doing polishing and solar films is not their core biz. Not sure of them... [:/]

Edited by Aidan

(edited)

Benhew05, please feedback once you've done yours. Btw, izzit done here in S'pore or JB?

If possible please post their exact work done and prices...Thks! [;)]

Edited by Aidan

It might be advisable to do the windows and leave the rear windscreen out as if later the film deteriotate overtime...it may damage the rear demiser lines when the film is been removed.

Anyway, have the website of the $88/- window tint.

http://www.andyandbill.com/abcool.html

Edited by Alant

If they are professional, they will know how to remove w/o damaging the rear demister.

If you leave out the rear, that's a huge area for heat to come in. So why bother tinting in the first place.

The effort of tinting is quote a lot. So $88 for say a 4 hours job....I wonder what kind of material they use...

Neutral Newbie

Hallo all,

Was trying to figure out which window film is better? I have narrowed down to Vkool and Cool N Lite. VKool because of the brand. CnL because I found more favorable comments.

Just as I was about to choose CnL, a friend told me that his CnL peeled off after a few years...

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote from UV Gard...

anyone care to verify if it's true? Check out their FAQ here: http://www.uv-gard.com/faqe.htm

In S'pore, the VLT (Visible Light Transmission) required is

70% net after tinting of windscreen and front windows.

50% net after tinting for the rest of the car.

In M'sia, the VLT (Visible Light Transmission) required is

70% net after tinting of windscreen only.

50% net after tinting for the rest of the car.

If you've installed film onto your car, you should ask - Does the net value comply? Why should one worry about this? The penalties are heavy for non-compliance. Vis

1st] You'll be asked to send your car to PSB to check the VLT (costs S$195/car).

2nd] If you fail, you'll have to remove the film, maybe costing you as much as to put it on!

3rd] Don't forget the hefty fine! Up to S$500/-?

4th] Total cost could well exceed S$2,000/-.

5th] Surely, no one needs the constant worry of being caught!

Bro than this UV Gard is OUT they dunno their stuff [rifle][smash]

For rear windows VLT is min 25%

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...ml#MainPar_0070

Aiya all cars with whatever films will get very hot if parked under the direct sun for that period of time. Solar films will only reduce the amount of IR and UV entering your ride. It will not totally shut out those heat. [sweatdrop]

Agree but the difference is car with good windows film cool down much faster when u on aircon and drive off, car without....... need more than 10min under last few days weather

Hey anyone did the window film and do the light test?

I heard from one friend to do this after you install the window film...

Shine a torch light and see how the light refracted..

Condition of test: Do it in the night or enclosed area (covered carpark)

If the light source is spread out... no good

If the light source is sharp and distinct... that's good stuff

also heard from uv-gard.com... theirs is NOT a film laminate

It's a 4 layer coating liquid application system

about $5XX for a sedan car

Anybody used that... pls give your feedback and comment on the performance

3M will do light test and demo heat test on their products for you.

I used 3M on my previous car now Cool N Lite. Compare between the 2, I prefer 3M, as Cool N Lite under very Hot Days I will feel heat on my arm while driving, and donot experience with 3M. BTW my Cool and Lite is the Titanium package

Hallo all,

Was trying to figure out which window film is better? I have narrowed down to Vkool and Cool N Lite. VKool because of the brand. CnL because I found more favorable comments.

Just as I was about to choose CnL, a friend told me that his CnL peeled off after a few years...

Any help would be appreciated.

My Cool and Lite so far so good never peel off, 3/1/2 years liao but compare to my previous ride which is on 3M, I think the blocking of heat 3M better.

So far I only used these 2 brands thus cannot comment on others

Neutral Newbie

O? I was reading that HO doesn't do much to reduce the heat... I just had supper and was told that 3M is very good... hmmm... but I am still stuck between VKool or CnL...

Neutral Newbie

I paid for Huper Optik tint before. Apart from privacy, all these anti-heat film are scams, no car can be entered after lunch time sun baking, just get the darkest possible tint minus these so call anti-heat features

My old car on vkool. Current car some unknown brand as recommended by friend. Regret big time not using vkool to save a diff of $300+.. the cheaper film cannot reject heat as well.. even after on aircon for quite sometime, can still feel heat radiating from dashboard. Never have this problem with vkool on previous car.

I never thought that vkool works..until i try another brand. Luckily i only park car under sun during weekend when im at home.. else i'll be baked everyday like in oven..

↡ Advertisement