Paintwork "Rough", any advice?

Peach

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I am a novice lady driver and juz got my car. Everyone commented that my car paint work is "rough". Anyone care to advise what to do?

Thanks in advance! [gorgeous]

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I am a novice lady driver and juz got my car. Everyone commented that my car paint work is "rough". Anyone care to advise what to do?

Thanks in advance! gorgeous.gif

Clay bar after washing should be able to smoothen the paint surface.nod.gif

Followed by a sealant for protection.thumbsup.gif

I oso used to be like u, wax, sealant frequently but body still rough. Tried claybar n the smoothness is back. Come to tink of it, I dont even recall that kind of smoothnees since the day 1 of owning the car. [mad]

The critical or more promiment areas would be the roof, bonnet and front.

And from the knowledge gain from this forum, do apply a layer of sealant or wax once ur done with the claybar.

Btw, how's the authentic gold wax on ur ride? I oso got the same. No $$ to get the premium one, maybe should not save on that... [rolleyes]

[idea] correct! i got the same prob as you! mostly on the horizontal surfaces only.

i heard claybar need alot of skill and water, if not will end up scratching your own car.. how true?

if wash, claybars, then wax.. i [dizzy] liao.. [laugh]

For ur 1st attempt try on a small portion 1st, a small corner of ur roof. Slowly moving on to the whole panel and whole car. But if u want veri good results, I would suggest that u only do 1 panel at a time so that u can perfectly smoothen it.

My 1st attempt was not so good as I was applying way too little strength and doing it too quickly and too little times on the affect areas. And on my subsequent attempts, I begin to enjoy it as the surface feels so smooth like "a [gorgeous] tigh" [laugh]

I didnt see much swirl marks on my ride, maybe cos I oredi apply polish n wax thereafter or maybe cos car color too light cant really see....

For u better do it carefully if not very obvious, blackie rite?

Edited by Toalson

Bro, try the clay bar [:)] It works very well for Bro Toalson's ride. Now his car's body is really as smooth as a [gorgeous] 's thigh. Bro Toalson is enjoying it every moment [:p]

[blush][blush] Dont liddat say... Although I agree.... [laugh][laugh]

Btw tis sat cant W&W liao got class in the afternoon. But damn sian [thumbsdown] that past few days weather not very good. The beading of the gold wax not veri nice comparing to the sealant.

Edited by Toalson

yep.. mine's a blackie..

the authentic gold is good, no complains.

mabbe we can have a PPWC+claybar meetup one of these days.

where do you guys live? I at at Bukit Purmei, near Harbourfront. [;)]

Sure! but I live in JW, we (Mzrmazada3) often W&W on sat afternoon and sometimes on sun. But at times I oso do it on weekday nites, however the results of nite W&W not always good as cannot see properly the areas that needed buffing.

↡ Advertisement