Toyota Landcruiser

Genie47

(edited)

When looking for a Landcruiser, look for FJ40 to FJ55. They are tough 4X4. FJ55 more practical. Engine is a Chevy 6 clone. So you can really mount a small block V8 into it.

Edited by HyperTonic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about the FJ60 as I really like the boxy shape...how is this model in your opinion? I saw one on sale in Perth for $3990...not sure how the chevy V8 conversion will cost, but I'd imagine the after effects to be Grrrrrrrrrreat!!!

(edited)

FJ60s is where they started to go downhill with wall-to-wall carpeting and stuff. rolleyes.gif More like a mommy 4X4. The FJ55 is the last real man's Landcruiser.

Forgot to add......NO BLOODY POWERSTEERING! Woohoo! Only men can drive this beast!

Edited by Genie47

Somebody said this about Landcruisers. The 4X4 survives better than the occupants. They just scrape you off the dashboard and sell the Landcruiser for a cheap price. laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

haha....ok when I go shopping around the landcruiser, I'd better check for remnants of past occupants on the ash, seats etc...heck, maybe I'll just do an interior renovation so that I don't get any surprises from leftover past owners...haha thumbsup.gif

Yum yum...this is what I want man...

bc84fj6002_lg.jpg

Neutral Newbie
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about the FJ60 as I really like the boxy shape...how is this model in your opinion? I saw one on sale in Perth for $3990...not sure how the chevy V8 conversion will cost, but I'd imagine the after effects to be Grrrrrrrrrreat!!!

Where did you see it in perth, I'll go buy 1. [pirate]

Neutral Newbie

Really? Check out autotrader.com.au. there is a white one in fair condition for sale. Looks ok from the pic. The lowest priced landrover FJ60 on the market currently.

The 6.5L Chevy diesel conversion can be done at Brunswick diesel in Perth... [thumbsup]

I drove Landcruiser to hit 210km/H at Mid-east,

hor, you die! using handphone with one hand while driving....tsk! tsk! tsk!

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Share my experience of driving Landcuriser Prado4.0 M/T to challenge River, unpaved road and climb mountain,

fun and exciting [thumbsup]

Thanks for the vid

I drove a fren's 1st gen Prado in WA for ten days in the outback some 10 over years ago. Enjoyed it!!

Is yours the 3rd gen, any major differences to the 1st gen in terms of chassis setup, off road capabilities etc?

Apparently the Prado is in demand in MY, at least in the used + affordable 4x4 market.

Edited by Super7

Supercharged

Apparently the Prado is in demand in MY, at least in the used + affordable 4x4 market.

I tot it is Pajero instead of Prado ?

I tot it is Pajero instead of Prado ?

Ahhh, maybe your eyesight better than mine, but I thought I saw a Toyota badge, logo in front?!

Supercharged

Ahhh, maybe your eyesight better than mine, but I thought I saw a Toyota badge, logo in front?!

No...what I meant was Pajero is more popular than Prado in Malaysia. Is it ?

No...what I meant was Pajero is more popular than Prado in Malaysia. Is it ?

Oh yes, we see more 爬鸡肉 than Prados in MY, but I do feel the 鸡肉 is catching up.

Supercharged

Oh yes, we see more 爬鸡肉 than Prados in MY, but I do feel the 鸡肉 is catching up.

You said you owned a Pajero before? Was it the 1st gen or 2nd gen ? Both gen has 3 gauges on the center dash, one showing compass, one is latitude, one more dunno show what... [rolleyes]

You said you owned a Pajero before? Was it the 1st gen or 2nd gen ? Both gen has 3 gauges on the center dash, one showing compass, one is latitude, one more dunno show what... [rolleyes]

96 model

Maybe it's the 2nd gen, there's a more boxy one before it

↡ Advertisement