K&N Filter and sparks plugs

Shevchenko

izit dat K&N filters hav a few types? why the diff?

and why K&N filters are so gd dat they can increase power?

which spark plugs are gd and can increase power? wats the reason for the increase ?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes, they have drop-in (replacement) mean same shape and size with stock filter, anther is the cone one, they also got that 57i with including the full kit inductions.

How many power increase which depend car to car basic, normally will get another 5bhp.

For spark plugs, please refer the "performance" colume's early posts, I think it has been discussed quite some times.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

I have not seen yet.

Too oily think whether they know how to oil the filter and proper procedure.

Some of them wash and oil every 10kkm [shakehead]

Edited by Mondeo

How about the noise level when using the drop in K&N filter compared to stock filter and the K&N cone type? I dun want my engine to sound really loud.

For K & N drop-in, there will be a slight increase in the induction roar but still bearable, IMO sly.gif. However, for the cone type, it will be loud nod.gif

Hi,

Forget about upgradin spark plugs, stick to stock. The "so called" best spark plugs like the iridium ones are so cheap these days; because they are only giving you negligable increment in whatever you were hoping for.

Been playing with these "toys" years ago, and came to realise that they have not negligable effect on your car..... including cables. Go for the air filter replacement though.

cheers.

How come everybody wans fast and loud yet i wan fast and quiet engine (sigh)? Is there no solution to this dilema?

Heard of this? Wan fast, fast but at the same time bitch abt petrol consumption! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yep! Happens to 33 16v before thumbsup.gif Revert from Cone back to Drop-in to reduce the loss in low end wink.gif. So, I'm doing the same to my Civic thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement