Groaning/creaking sound when releasing brake

Weezersg

If I release my brake slowly and stop again esp at traffic lights, I can hear this creaking metallic sound coming from my rear, as if some hinges is not well oil. The brake is working well just the noise is annoying for a car that is quite new on the road.

There is no noise if I release brake fully, it comes only if I didnt fuly release the brake pedal like in stop start situation. Any idea or similar exp anyone?

↡ Advertisement

yours auto right ? is it constantly and everytime like that ? If its anytime also like that, go back SA and [smash][smash] , but if intermintently got sound, then must see wat other expert advice. I am a manual car freak [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Mine is like this also. Esp when u step lightly on the brakes then release then step a bit again..the sound will come out.. I think its the sound from the drum brakes.. I presume it is normal..

Neutral Newbie

Hello

I am having the same problem as well, Will bring it up to the techincian next week went I go for my servicing. Will keep you posted.

Think it's quite normal lahz.. Even my ride which has 4 disc brakes also give off these sounds when I releases the brakes slowly..

Neutral Newbie

Yours Optra or Aveo ?

Mine is Optra, Auto. Yes, it is the sound of the brakes.

Try put to N or P and see if the same sound happens, on level ground.

I am sure the sound is because of the gears pushing the car forward, and the brakes trying to stop it.. Happens only on light braking.. or release very very slowly, will feel the groaning sound.

Neutral Newbie

No worries for this.

As alot of us has pointed out,

this sound produced because the

brakes are trying to hold the car

while the transmission is pushing

it forward.

Perfectly normal since the sound will

disappear after full release of Brake

pedal.

Looks like is 'normal' for aveo5 auto since evryone experience this. Is just quite annoying sometimes the sound, if can want to eliminate it otherwise just get use to it lor [:)]

anyway splash11 do keep us posted after your servicing c if can 'solve' it or we have to live with it [;)]

Neutral Newbie

mine oso...new car(Auto) with all disc brakes, hardly 5 days old...can really hear the groan when the brake is released by inches or not smoothly....

think it's quite the norm...have driven another auto car, also give the same feedback. but let see what others have experienced

I agree. It's normal with all auto cars. Driven my dad's Hyundai and friend's Renault. All the same groaning sound.

Hi everyone,

make a search and dig out this thread.. haha.. 5 years ago de.

Mine having the same sound when releasing my brake pad as the TS desribed.. driving GE FIT auto.

But the diff is , mine only have this sound after i change my front brake pad.. still normal? B4 the new pads, no such sound.

Neutral Newbie

i have a vios automatic 2017 i also have a sound when slowly releasing the breaks is like a  very gentle push on the breaks but when the car is running no breaks sound at all

↡ Advertisement