Air-Con Compressor Spoilt

Chucky88

It's the only reason I can think of why it is very cold at night & not cool during hot days.

The heat coming tru the glass & roof is too much for the compressor to cope with. When it is night, no heat coming in so the car feels cold.

↡ Advertisement

hee...i'm using car solar film liao....already dun feel warm but a/c still cannot make it in day unless come out from mscp, or some shade, then it is still ok..

markcool said maybe the condensor. he did an experiment, after spraying some water on it, indeed colder a bit..

I suspect the air con system is containminated with foreign particles and water vapour.

What you need to do is to get the mech to do a thorough deep vacuum of the air con system and replac with new gas.

Your ac do not have climate control system therefore you have to manually adjust the thermostate to get the most comfortable temp. During the day , you may have reach your lowest possible temp settiing and yet you still feel hot - beacause the ac is just unable to remove all the heat coming into your car cabine. If your have snow fall outside you do not have to swtich on your ac and yet you are freezing.

If u do what yeobh recommends at markool, please let me know how much they charge. I might want to do it also.

My a/c last services about 3 yrs ago.

okie will keep u informed...wanted to get simon do...but think maybe next mth as spend some budget on some installation and changing equipment at simon place.

ya he does provide a/c services...will keep posted if get his a/c sve.

one thing i notice is simon is a bit of those "money-oriented" boss, hence best is u must have some basic knowledge, else will call u to change this, change that...in the end he earns more $.

got one china pr went there service his 3 yr old corolla with the best mobil oil and kana "psycho" to buy new air filter...etc

my opinion - quite skillful though not the cheap (ok lar..reasonable rates)

I tend to agree wif u. Not only simon but his bigsized mech also alittle like that. When I changed my brakepads & mentioned the discs were quite worn, he immediately suggested I change them too. He said got stock, no problem.

I think he doing what most biz men do. Increase his biz & profit. But he just opposite of my regular mech. Everytime I tell him I think something wrong & maybe need to change, he check & tell me no need lah. Still can use sommore.

I normally have to insist to change some stuff, but he does advise me when some serious stuff needs changing & i'll comply if I agree with him. With such "laid back" attitude, I hope he is able to stay in biz for a long time to come.

hi bros,

juz came back from markcool. as mine still got the a/c not so cold during hot weather, went markcool again. This skinny foreman helped me checked...found pressure too high. more than 250. heard 250 or below acceptable, but mine was 300-400...

He recommended to change condensor, receiver drier and one hose that was leaking. Also he found the actuator not working well - changed that as well, together with top up gas..now pressure below 250 liao...a/c cold even in hot weather. heh heh finally solve this long-awaited problem. Additionally, he found a loose wire supposed connect to cabruettor, helped me fixed back.With new actuator, no more sudden drop in idling rpm and also car got much more power as previously on a/c like kana power zapped off...pickup like tortise.

The breakdown as follows:

1. Receiver drier $20

2. Discharge hose $20

3. Actuator $20

4. Condensor $120

labour+refill gas - free

total $180....

highly recommendedthumbsup.gif finally can say goodbye to hot weather in the afternoon liaosunny.gif

Hahaha. So still go back to markool. [laugh][laugh][laugh][thumbsup] ( I tot u wanted to go to simon???)

I think it's a good decision on your part. Markool specialize in repair a/c & their charges r reasonable plus they don't con u.

Enjoy your ac now [thumbsup][:)]

I'll go there when my ac gets too hot to tahan on hot days. [sunny]

tempted to go simon..but MC much nearer. Almost dun wan go MC as previous times, no one seemed able solve my prob and told by ah leong to go back only when weather hot????

maybe only a few of mech there is gd....

however was surprise the boss is the young girl?? correct me if i'm wrong. cos went inside their office for payment..no one around except her.

he got 2 big-sized mech. the other one (think quite handsome) is much better in skill. heard from another customer that this chap stayed the longest with simon, even when simon was at other location then. He changed the stuff in double quick time...fast in find the source of prob also.

one thing scare is if really let simon checked, sure the bill won't be MC's $180....

maybe only a few of mech there is gd....

however was surprise the boss is the young girl?? correct me if i'm wrong. cos went inside their office for payment..no one around except her.

That's why I always tell pple to see the foreman. Got 2 & both very experienced. They have those young mechs who don't know much & still learning. If they do, u must check everything carefully & bring to foreman any complaints b4 leaving. Otherwise must go back again to resolve. Very troublesome.

The "young" girl might be related to boss, but I don't think she is boss. Boss is old guy. The older lady I sometimes see cud b his wife. (Or one of them. Come to think of it, the younger girl cud also be his "wife" [;)][;)] )

The "hamsom" guy ( A bit pai-kia look) with curly hair did my car last time. He is very good & fast.

Simon did my bill ( I asked his quote b4 starting work), but I found it quite OK lah. Reasonable for what was done.

the older woman shd be employee, as she helps to do some "chap palang" work there. the young girl shd be boss daughter. boss never c...maybe outstation.

managed bring price from 260 to 180! heh heh.

managed bring price from 260 to 180! heh heh.

U mean u managed to bargain the price of your repairs from 260 to 180??? Wah U damm good.

Must be the boss daughter likes u. [inlove]

↡ Advertisement