Air-Con Compressor Spoilt

Chucky88

yar...actually the skinny foreman quoted me $260....i say wah so expensive..and starts to blah blah on reasons why so ex. in the end, he requoted $160 (without the actuator). basically u need to have some knowledge on market rate else....will kana chop.

the older woman treated 100 plus though....

↡ Advertisement

But I was charged $40 for topping air-con "gas", as my Stream 2L has 2 air-con units ( front and 3rd row ). I am not familiar but thought both units should use the same gas what.

Right ?

Neutral Newbie

Yup, u are really good! [thumbsup]

I'm selling off my old mazda 121 this week (need to pay 6k to financing [sweatdrop] ), wanted to repair the air-con before selling.

Because it's my fren who's taking over, felt like paiseh coz air-con keep giving the "tiak tiak" sound.....

But mech at bukit merah quote me 400+ to replace compressor! [bigcry]

But I was charged $40 for topping air-con "gas", as my Stream 2L has 2 air-con units ( front and 3rd row ). I am not familiar but thought both units should use the same gas what.

Right ?

Not too sure. U can call Markool to check with them. Or just look into the engine bay & see if u got 2 a/c compressors there?

I heard the price of topping up the "old" type of gas has gone up to about $25 per top-up? (i did at shop in Pasir panjang >1 year back) This is almost same price of top-up for "new" type of gas.

I think in future I top-up in JB as their price for "old" gas is only about RM15.

Edited by Pisces69

changing of compressor at MC, one bro did was only $120 - recon compressor.

Yup. I too changed my ND compressor(2nd hand) at MK for about $120 all in some time back.

Why to change if it still works???

Just give your fren a discount (cost of replaceing with a 2nd hand compressor) & let him change when it spoils.

U might be surprised it might last longer than u think.

My old compressor make noises but lasted for more than a year.

Edited by Pisces69

Neutral Newbie

Hmmmm... i get what u mean. but u see, it's the 1st time my fren is really owning his own car. I put myself in his shoes, and sense the disappointment in taking over a car that is problematic and noisy for a start [smallcry] I had been livuing with the "tiak tiak" sound for some time [dead]

Anyway.... the aircon was busted yesterday! It started screaming (weird noises) and is not that cold anymore. So, it's fated to go [thumbsup]

But my wallet got busted $300+ [knife]

Well, anyway frens are more important than $300+ [grouphug]

Neutral Newbie

Nope... Nowadays i'm so busy it's practically impossible for me to go down to woodlands to get the compressor done.

It's done by my dad's old time freelance mech, so can be trusted i guess. He's been servicing my dad for yrs. So i left my car at home today for him to get it done. Heard the compressor recon 1 is $250 coz harder to get in the market. (It's an mazda 121 [shakehead] )

Well, farewell gift for my ride [;)]

Thanks for the suggestion though [:)]

maybe if u went MC, u can cut ur 300+ to 150....for change of compressor + other stuff..

anyway good that u give ur frenz a piece of mind with a recon compressor

after changing then condensor and receiver valve, today the whole car turned foggy....too cold liao...guess MC skills quite good...1st time car able turned foggy.

eh... car turn foggy becos the humidity is too high inside the car compared to outside, resulting in condensation. dun believe try it. when it rain, try running about till you are sweating all over then go for your car and on the aircon. works even better if your cloth r wet.

understand, but how come quite a number of cars dun have this effect? after i lower a/c, then no more foggy.

↡ Advertisement