Air-Con Compressor Spoilt

Chucky88

u can call n check if they have ur make of compressor.

i called a few days ago n they quote $200 for reconditioned comp inclusive of instalation

and 1month warranty.

new 1 cost around $380-$480 inclusive of installation too...

happy spending!!

oh their number is 63677666

markcool auto aircon

106 woodland industrial park e.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Pisces69 and Daniellee. appreciate your help.... hope the damage wont be much, just pay road tax.... very damaged aldy....

That's why we have these forums, to help us get good bargains & reliable workshops.

We share any info here for all to see. Some pple might consider what we post as libellous but I think we sud b able to use the internet to expose all those dishonest companies out there & recommend the good ones.

Maybe the companies who r not happy r the ones who are the dishonest ones & don't like their unscruplous practices exposed here for all to see.

Neutral Newbie

agree. if no one were to disclose them, more ppl will get con. as for me, should be going markcool this sat early morning. sian, the a/c sometimes work, sometimes decides to self-declare holiday.... haizzz... with singapore weather, bo bian, have to fix it...

Neutral Newbie

interesting.... hopefully if mine is the compressor prob, if will the cheaper version.... [:)]

i wonder if newer car's compressir more ex or older car more ex.... my is 1991 proton... dun know ex or not...

If your ac sometimes ok & sometimes not cold, cud b a loose wire somewhere. If that's the only problem, sud b very easy to diagnose & solve. Maybe you only end up paying a few $$$ to MK. [thumbsup]

Hope for the best. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

that's what i hope lor. sometimes only the fan moving, the condenser fan not moving, so no cold air at all. but when it works, it's very cold. in fact i have always been on the lowest fan speed, the most 2nd lowest. very seldom will need to go the the 3rd or 4th speed.

Just hoping is simple and wont cost much...

Yup. Same here. Seldom use more than lowest setting for fan & temp. Only when car fully loaded with pple then use next higher setting.

Helps to prologn the ac. I see some pple use full setting all the time. [confused]

I had a different advice from my SA when I sent my car in for air-con clutch replacement. He told me to set the temp to the lowest to avoid the clutch to turn on and off. Since the clutch will turn on when the car temp is higher than the preset temp and will automatically turn off when it reaches the preset temp. This on/off action will wear the clutch out fast. In order to minimize this, his advice is to set the temp at the lowest so the clutch does not have to work so hard. I just use the fan speed to control the air flow.

One problem on this is that the compressor will be on all the time when your car is turn on so at the end the air-con clutch might be okay but the compressor might wear out sooner. unimpressed.gif

my car same as urs lah...

u forget oledy??

under the suzuki swift owners??

hahaha...

but seriously...

$130 for a recon compressor??

i want!!

u noe where i could get it??

thanks!!

Hahaha. So the end result is the same. Compressor need to change. [:(]

But even with temp set low, the clutch will still cut in/out when the temp moves in/out of the set zone, unless it cannot cool sufficently to reach the set temp.

Then your compressor running all the time & your whole ac system will b subjected to heavier wear & tear & your FC also will increase.

but seriously...

$130 for a recon compressor??

i want!!

u noe where i could get it??

Just try Markool. $130 seems a normal price for a 2nd hand compressor incl labour.

I think I paid about that for a ND compressor from them. Sanden is even cheaper.

Neutral Newbie
i got a feeling its the electrical board dat is faulty.

cost bout $100+...

this thing controls the on n off of compressor n the condensor.

good luck!!

heehee... paisay... i very weak at this type of things one.... all car air con got electrical board one is it? new and old. [blush]

Neutral Newbie
Yup. Same here. Seldom use more than lowest setting for fan & temp. Only when car fully loaded with pple then use next higher setting.

Helps to prologn the ac. I see some pple use full setting all the time. [confused]

mine still cold. especially in front. as for the back, cos i dun have outlet at theback, my wife will say "ok lor. cool lah." when i am like shivering in front.

if cannot work in the morning still not so bad, not so hot mah, but if in the afternoon/evening... can die leh, cos have to lower down the window, so when stop at traffic junction, the hot air comes in.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement