Air-Con Compressor Spoilt

Chucky88

My Volvo S60 recon parts are not that easy to find. Hopefully, I don't need to change anything before I change my car.

there are only a few aircon compressor makers for cars, most likely conti are using Bosch, if I'm not wrong.

↡ Advertisement

If proton saga, just go any WS in JB. They all "specialize" in that make of car. [thumbsup]

2nd hand compressors sud be aplenty. Just b careful u don't get conned. Try to check for a reliable & honest WS b4 u go.

That's one of the main drawbacks of owning a conti car.

U might still get 1 from the scrapyards as the carry alot of stuff for conti cars (especially merc) nowadays.

that's very true as the volume on conti is not that great here except maybe for Merc nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

I was surprise to find a re-con air-con compressor for my Alfa 33 16v and it wasn't in SG but in one of the small town in Terengganu and it cost only RM250 back in 98' laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif my was a different case lar, was on the way to one of the resort to Kuantan and by the time I reach there, air-con compressor freezed up and kaput sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif was damn lucky to find a recon as replacement on the next day wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

heehee... yah, just $2.00. i was rather surprise... with so much work, testing, go under the dashboard, check every cables,.... yet only charge me $2.00

me driving a COE proton saga. i think the compressor may be less than $180 lah. when it broke down then see how lor.

that's why droves of ppl go MC

less than S$125 lar, back in 98, exchange rate was better, it was slightly less than S$100 sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif by the way, the Compressor is Denso sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

i just replaced my buang air-con compressor at KaiTex Motors, the one inside caltex station in pasir panjang... cheap, honest and good quality service!

btw i'm driving daewoo nubira..the compressor spoilt after like 2yr 8mths only... :( replaced at about 1/3 the price startauto quoted...

pm me for the price... :) not very cheap cos hard to find this model of compressor...this also includes changing the receiver drier

i got a feeling its the electrical board dat is faulty.

cost bout $100+...

this thing controls the on n off of compressor n the condensor.

good luck!!

iszit the black colour electrical board? i changed a recon for $15 at MC

There might be debris in the faulty compressor.  Hence, it is safer to just replace even with a reconditioned compressor.

The compressor oil replacement should also be part of the maintenance every few years to prolong the life.

A brand new original compressor cost about $300+ include discharge and suction pipe. Hyundai and Kia use Denso compressor.  I bought at KB Autobay top storey.

You can go JB a get it installed lor.

I installed myself ...... heeee

Is the trend to just replace?

MC quoted 800 for new compressor but I planning to sell soon so hoping for recon but tough.

>

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1