Braking - "Croaking" Sound

Astro

On 4/28/2005 at 11:31 AM, Astro said:

I'm driving an Auto car and every morning without fail the "frog" in my car will always "craok" when I apply the brake. Such as stopping on the red light and going off when it turn green. Or when I need to drive the car under raining eather the "frog" is back. But it eventually goes off after some time, I presume the "frog" had lost his voice after so much croaking. Do any of you guys know what is wrong or how to go about preventing it... Thanks for any advise. [flowerface]

My MIL had this problem.

I just pour a lot of oil on the disc

and the problem has just gone away for good.

:ph34r:

I didn't hear any complaints after this.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Jcteo said:

mine have croak sound on driver side when i go pass humps at low speed. got my suspension checked, no problem leh.

croak sound unlike due to brakes. if brakes has a sound its metallic clattering or squeaks when applied. if you go over hump without applying the brakes then not the brake fault.

suspension more likely. i would advise you to get a 2nd opinion. your current workshop not too smart

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 8/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, Hamburger said:

When there is no physical leak on the dampers, it may not necessarily mean the dampers are in good condition. 

There are also the worn out undercarriage control arms and anti roll bars that could attribute to the noise. 

What's the mileage done then? 

tq for advice. mileage is at 80KKm. will google control arms and anti roll bars, sounds very possible. the experience over humps is more like  'old joint' kind of feel.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 8/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, Mkl22 said:

croak sound unlike due to brakes. if brakes has a sound its metallic clattering or squeaks when applied. if you go over hump without applying the brakes then not the brake fault.

suspension more likely. i would advise you to get a 2nd opinion. your current workshop not too smart

ok thanks!

On 8/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, Mkl22 said:

If the squeaks sounds come from the brakes, whats the permanent solution? 

AD workshop say is the debris from the brake causing  squeaks sounds and by blowing away the debris the sounds will go away. This is not a perm solution.

7 minutes ago, Raiderxxx said:

AD workshop say is the debris from the brake causing  squeaks sounds and by blowing away the debris the sounds will go away. This is not a perm solution.

Maybe discs warped liao. Can see if you can find pads that are quieter. 

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Raiderxxx said:

what car, front or rear brakes? original brake pads i assume since it is AD? mileage on the pads?

Edited by Mkl22

1 hour ago, Raiderxxx said:

if u change new disc pad, and when u appy brake keep having a screeching sound, u check your disc rotor is it wear already . even a sightly wear disc rotor ( wear is at the circumference of the rotor , at the eldge ) will produce sound esp with new brake pad. 

there is no solution if this is the case. ( if your is at AD under warrently then best, request them to change. )

15 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

what car, front or rear brakes? original brake pads i assume since it is AD? mileage on the pads?

I'm driving Pulsar and the sound come from rear right. Mileage 40k with original brake pad since day 1. 

Just sent my car for service at Tan Chong few weeks back, technician just blow away the debris. 

Taking car on the day no sound, next day onwards sound surface when i start to drive for few min then sound gone. 

This cycle repeat everytime when I start to drive for new trip. 

Twincharged
38 minutes ago, Raiderxxx said:

I'm driving Pulsar and the sound come from rear right. Mileage 40k with original brake pad since day 1. 

Just sent my car for service at Tan Chong few weeks back, technician just blow away the debris. 

Taking car on the day no sound, next day onwards sound surface when i start to drive for few min then sound gone. 

This cycle repeat everytime when I start to drive for new trip. 

bring to another  workshop and try to use sand paper to chamfer the rear pads and the edges. may or may not work. alternative is to change to a different brand. a bit of trial and error here. hard to say what actually works.

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

bring to another  workshop and try to use sand paper to chamfer the rear pads and the edges. may or may not work. alternative is to change to a different brand. a bit of trial and error here. hard to say what actually works.

Thanks for advice, bro.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:37 AM, Jamesc said:

My MIL had this problem.

I just pour a lot of oil on the disc

and the problem has just gone away for good.

:ph34r:

I didn't hear any complaints after this.

Would that not reduce braking effectiveness?

2 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Would that not reduce braking effectiveness?

I have not heard any complaints from her.

In fact I have not heard from her at all since I did it.

:grin:

Tip: Don't try on your own car.

Try on MIL car first.

Unless you really like your MIL. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1