My New ICE Setup (CDT CL62 and Rainbow CSX265)

Gdspd08

Hi, I have just replace my old Twister TM-6000 Component rear speaker to CDT CL62. All I can say the speaker is quite bassy and I had a hard time balancing the sound quality in my car. It is louder than my front Rainbow CSX 265 component speaker and its tend to cover up my front clarity. But after a few hr of tuning, I manage to push the clarity to the front without any loss at the rear. Well for those who wanna buy CDT CL62, you can do so, preferably install at the rear if you dun have a subwoofer as installing in the front will be very bassy. In term of clarity, I still prefer Rainbow CSX 265 as it really outstand the vocal of the song.

My Current setup:

Pioneer DEH 7750

1x Rainbow CSX 265 front componenet speakers (with cross-over)

1x CDT CL62 rear componenet speakers (with cross-over)

1x Twister 10' dual voice subwoofer in a box

1 x Capacitor

1 x Twister 500W 2 channel amp.

1 x Twister 400W 4 channel amp.

1 x Accoutic Power Pre-amp

Soundproof, two layer at the front door, floor and abit near firewall area (Using Dynamat Extreme)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, how much do you pay for SP the floor, I'm driving a Vios with almost the same set up as you except using PG amp 2 channels for my front component speakers. Find that the car is quite noisy when travelling highway.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, the Accoutic Power Pre-amp has how many bands, 5 or 7? and where made.

Saw at SLT, but donno made in China or Korea?

Neutral Newbie

how can it be so cheap? i saw those on their website and they are quoted in greenback 300++.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

1st Gear

$260 for CL62? So cheap??? [hur] Who quoted you the price? With installation? CL61 already $300-$310 leh...

1st Gear

You never kena [knife] bro. Your price is reasonable with installation as I have enquired before. But for CL62 at $260, I have to scratch my head. If really so cheap then I will go install my rear liao..

Clutched

boh installation ...I do it myself..somemore bought frm a longknown saleman(more than a decade) @ SLS...If he karcha me I'm going 2 fire him [rifle]

Neutral Newbie

I forgot to say, 260 is for a brand new set of CL62 without installation. Meaning you cash and carry. Then u have to either install yourself or pay others to install.

Hi, for those who are driving the new Lancer CS02/03, if install CDT CL62 at the rear, be careful of the two metal rod at the boot above. It will sure hit the magnetic cone of the speaker as the speaker lower area is rather big. I have encounter metal dangling noise when driving on bumpy road. It took me two days to diagnose the problem. My installer had glue a sponge on the magnetic speaker area so that when the boot is close, the two metal rod will only hit the sponge. Dunno how long can it last. I can see the two sponge now dented it. The noise had been reduce alot and can hardly hear when listening to HU song.

Neutral Newbie

For speaker which have stronger bass, the magnetic coils are usually larger. U may wish to use a MDF ring to raise the height of the speker so that the bottom is higher and will not be hit by the metal rod of the boot. Or even paste sound proof dampenning material a few layers thick which can dampen the sound and yet raise the height also.