Issit possible to use hifi speakers?

Marcz

Neutral Newbie

possible? in addition to the current car speakers?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

That is what my friend used in this van. But for car will take up space unless you remove from the wooden box..not sure if the size is the usual car standard like 6.5" etc.

I think he remove the existing speaker and not adding to it.

Neutral Newbie

what if i don't have an amp? just wanna add on like that..

Supersonic

No prob........ can ....... only issue is whether you know how to do the wiring ....but most hi-fi spkrs place the tweeters + mids separately ......... I once saw it the other way ......... AH PEK at chinatown made his own hi-fi outta single din HU + 6 X 9 spkrs in a customised box !!! pirate.gif

Neutral Newbie

if i bring to an audio shop to do, issit possible? i don't wanna take it out from the box, most likely i'll place them in the boot and secure abit..

Supersonic

of cos it's possible, but then not many shops may wanna do your biz ...... cos dun earn much as you never buy stuff from them ....... try approaching those smaller ones where you can see it's quiet ........

Neutral Newbie

but do you know the procedure on how they do it? can DIY? i'll probably see how to do it tomorrow or sunday..

all you need to do is connect the wires to the rear speakers right?

Supersonic

yup ....... i am guessing ah ........ becos i dun see any diff ......... cos car or hifi spkrs also got 2 connectors on each spkr.........

Neutral Newbie

allright, i just did it, woah. i tell you the sound is [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

yea, using 2 speakers, from aiwa hifi set.

has tweeters and a sub.

the problem now is securing it in the boot, i used some old car rubber mats and placed it there, seems to be stable so far..but i'm not convinced it'll stay that way so i think i'm gonna get some double sided tape to secure it to the mats, should be ok after that

Neutral Newbie

yea, 23rd may, mayb when school starts we meet up... but nothing interesting abt my car..haha

You say you don't have amp right? But whats the impedence of your hifi's speakers? 8ohms or 4?

I tried putting 8ohms speaker into the car, but in order for the 8ohms speakers to be of the same volume with my other 4 ohms speakers, I had to fade the 4 ohms speakers by alot alot. I end up giving up leh. [:/]

Got pics to share? [sly]

[sunny]

Neutral Newbie

currently, because my speakers are in the boot, i reduced the front speakers and made the rear louder to compensate for "loss" of sound, i don't know much technical terms when it comes to electronics.

my volume would be around 25-30 now, up from about 15-20 since i installed the speakers, probabaly need to change my HU..

Neutral Newbie

ok my hifi speakers are 6 ohms.. just checked

↡ Advertisement