Horrific Initial Experience with BP Fuel

Shsoh

Neutral Newbie

Top up a full tank with BP Quantum 98 yesterday and started the dirve today. I have a 50 litre tank with the Pug 206. Upon reaching my office (20 km), the meter dropped to the next mark (about 10%)!!!. How can this happen since a Mobil 98 gives me about 13.8km/l?

Will continue to monitor and will report the final result here.... [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Always pump BP95. No problem getting 13km/l. Got same experience as you when I pumped V-power. Car drink petrol like no body business. I think could be the detergents in the V-power cleaning the engine so drink more petrol.

Neutral Newbie

Yes.... speaking of which I did notice a strange increase in responsiveness of the car.... or am I dreaming...?

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

You driving a Pug 206 .... me driving a Pug 405.

Good to hear from a fellow Puggie.

Do join us for our meetups as we are seriously short of Pugs ....... [:/]

actually from RON 98 of one brand to the same of another, shouldn't have such problem and the repsonsiveness should not change either, are u sure its not Psychological? unless u change from 92/95 to V-power, it is obvious of improve performance but increase consumption [thumbsdown]

by the way 13.8km/l is quite [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Edited by Jman888

Neutral Newbie
Upon reaching my office (20 km), the meter dropped to the next mark (about 10%)!!!. How can this happen since a Mobil 98 gives me about 13.8km/l?

Because never top up to really full. Once the auto-cut-off activates, pump attendant stops pumping. The difference could be as much as 2-3 litres. That translates to more than 20km difference before you see the needle starts to drop.

No panic. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Eh.... but I did remembered seeing the needle at max after topping up....

Strange, we'll see how next week....

the needle doesn't proof anything i believe, whether it was just full or full with more top up, it still show at FULL. Like IceRain said, it makes a great different, normally the first mark is quite slow to reach but after u exceeded that, it can go all the way pretty fast [:/][:/]

hee... i prefer SPC98 for its economical value [:p]

is there really a diff in power when using V-power and RON98 fuel??

Think that depends on the car make. I drive a Seat Ibiza 1.0 so it helps to pump V-power. However, I have experimented with pumping different quantites of V-power. I realised that it is better not to mix V-power with 95...else mileage will be bad and power is not there.

Actually V-power does not drink leh... my highest mileage of 17.7km/l was set on a full tank of V-power. [laugh] (that was after 1/2 tank of V-power with 95 [;)]

Neutral Newbie

yup... i just learnt that now... dropped from V-Power to Shell 98 and then to Fusion 95... worse mileage on the 95.. shakehead.gifshakehead.gif

switching back to V-Power to 'clean' the engine for now... actually with the extra point given to V-Power comapred to Shell98, it may be worthwhile to stick to it after all.. confused.gifconfused.gif