Proton Wira below $40K!

Caaa

(edited)
only a bit dated on the designdizzy.gif

dun worry, got plenty of upmarket accessories across the causeway, can hv an extreme makeover for the Wira to look like an Evo...... [sly]

Edited by Normal_aspirated

Neutral Newbie
If COE is going south, it will be temporary.

It will shoot up North past outerspace once the upcoming General Elections scheduled for late this year is over.

GE is not this yr....President election is scheduled for late this year [nod]

Wrong!

Presiodential elections is mid 2005, and GE is end 2005.

Speak to more grassroots leadrs and you will know tha answer.

It is an open secret.. only thing is exact date of GE no one knows.

The salesman said that those who paid S$39,988 for the Wira 1.3M 2 weeks ago got COE (almost $17K) and will receive their cars in 2 weeks' time.

Would you believe this?

Frankly... why not? sly.gif

Maybe they got a lot of stock to get rid of.... and dun forget.... They represent the company manufacturing it.. wink.gif

Clear stocks? Doubt so.

If you book now, cars will arrive only in Sept 2005.

They are probably slashing price to gain mkt share.

My firend's uncle got his wira 1.3 @ $22+kshocked.gif but can only collect his car by mid june as se told him too many car to deliversweatdrop.gif

When he booked, se also said tt COE must drop from $17k to maybe $$12-$14k then got chance but later called him and informed coe is successfulnod.gif, my firend chk with onemotoring website and confirmed ttbounce1.gif

He used to drive a toyota van (where he bought at $40Kfurious.gif) and now switch to wira can go into MY liaonod.gif. Installment also drop to $250thumbsup.gifsunny.gif

Just received calls from my friend - Wira 1.3M $39,988!shocked.gif Looks like now more and more car price moving below $40K markbounce2.gifbounce1.gifbounce2.gifbounce1.gif

thumbsup.gif

Moving forward, 12 years later, prices of an "affordable" Malaysian made car has doubled, and increased by 100%  - Perodua Bezza. 

And the scrap value is also lower

Moving forward, 12 years later, prices of an "affordable" Malaysian made car has doubled, and increased by 100% - Perodua Bezza.

And the scrap value is also lower

05 lei....the coe back then wasnt so steep. Jan 05 coe was 18k and December 05 it was 12 k. Now 2017 coe cost $48000. price went up because coe also went up. http://tralvex.com/pub/cars/coe.htm

05 lei....the coe back then wasnt so steep. Jan 05 coe was 18k and December 05 it was 12 k. Now 2017 coe cost $48000. price went up because coe also went up. http://tralvex.com/pub/cars/coe.htm

well, considering the price of the car with today's COE prices, one is still unlikely to find any 1.3 wira/saga at sub 70K either.

the cheapest saga i saw was $100K leh.  :dizzy:

well, considering the price of the car with today's COE prices, one is still unlikely to find any 1.3 wira/saga at sub 70K either.

the cheapest saga i saw was $100K leh.  :dizzy:

Now fashion Bezza, sub 70k [:p]

Now fashion Bezza, sub 70k [:p]

sama sama lah.

similar sized car, different badge. maciam like Kia Cerato vs Hyundai Avante.

mabbe when i retire, i will look at this model. at the moment, too small for my needs.

anyways, this thread about protons, that's why i used the saga as an example.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I find it weird that people complain that cars in Singapore are expensive, but when there’s  a 1300cc Perodua Bezza at $70K or a 1000cc Perodua Axia at $65K, COE inclusive, they complain again that built quality is lacking, engine noisy, air con not cold etc.   :blink:  [hur]

Expensive cars are not problem free either. A friend's brand new Audi A3 had its battery replaced thrice within 18 months and also experienced gearbox issues. He paid almost double the price of a Perodua to be a Sucker   [laugh]

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

I find it weird that people complain that cars in Singapore are expensive, but when there’s a 1300cc Perodua Bezza at $70K or a 1000cc Perodua Axia at $65K, COE inclusive, they complain again that built quality is lacking, engine noisy, air con not cold etc. :blink:[hur]

Expensive cars are not problem free either. A friend's brand new Audi A3 had its battery replaced thrice within 18 months and also experienced gearbox issues. He paid almost double the price of a Perodua to be a Sucker [laugh]

bro....its the brand not the price! When coe was cheap......people suan at cheap MIM and MIC cars......when coe climbed they say MIM and MIC car very cheap! Its relative to the price...
↡ Advertisement