Which cloth - for both washing and drying?

F1fan

Neutral Newbie

Anyone any recommendation?

Thinking of getting the Meguair's Ultimate Wipe cloth.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

That's a detailing cloth, i.e. for general cleaning or applying wax (although applicators are better) or buffing wax - but preferably use different cloths for different purposes.

For washing, you'd need a sponge or a wash mitt. Meguiar's has a microfibre wash mitt which I am using. I like it. [:)]

For drying, you can use traditional chamois. I use microfibre again. The waffle weave type are especially suited for drying, e.g. Fibre-Shine's waffle weave drying cloth.

I'm using Meguair's wash mitt for washing while using Autoglym's chamois for drying. I would say that both serves me well [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hmm, seems like Meguair wash mitt is great. How much did you guys pay for it? Saw at carrefour, i think retailing at 19.80.

Neutral Newbie

Fibre-Shine products can be found at Stamford Tyres outlets. They also carry other brands of mf towels. Other places to find mf towels include Carrefour and various auto-detailers. Can also buy online, e.g. Mystic Maid.

But do take note that mf towels can vary a lot in quality. Some mf towels are terrible. [lipsrsealed]

Anyone any recommendation?

Thinking of getting the Meguair's Ultimate Wipe cloth.

I use a sponge for washing, mom's washing brush for tyres, chamois for drying, microfibre for detailing, toothbrush for difficult areas.

Neutral Newbie

Where to get the Autoglym's Chamois and how much does it cost?

Autoglym's chamois is great for drying.

i've been using it since i got my car and so far its serving me well..

certainly worth the price tag [thumbsup] no regrets buying it, makes drying cars alot easier

Neutral Newbie

me using the yellow sponge found in the autoglym pack for washing. the autoglym pack was a gift from a fren. i only use the sponge....gave away the shampoo and the other bottle to my bro.

drying using autoglym chamois. good by any stds.

detailing. as i'm with zaino...i use cotton towels.....to apply and to wipe off with cotton towels.

rims i dun really bother.....just give it a good scrub and tat's it.

Neutral Newbie

Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe is the work horse in my detailing routine, I find their performance:durability:price ratio to be pretty good. There are many other microfiber towels better than this but they cost much more.

Neutral Newbie

if u purchase at stamford with DBS eSSO card - u can get 15% discount

if u purchase at homefix - with safra 5% discount.

However, stamford have more varies of mF cloth.

I bought most of my MF cloth from stamford.

I use fibershine:

- washing mitt - for washing

- waffle weave - for drying

- wax application and bluff - for polishing (Klasse AIO)

- meguiar application pad - Klasse sealant

- meguair MF for bluff.

for the wheel, i use 3m MF for the rims only.

hi i have a qn. do i have to wet the car with water first before using the shampoo on the car? if so, do i need a separate cloth just to wet the car with water first? and another cloth to use for the shampoo?

↡ Advertisement