Regent Motors

Acemundo

And I think Regent Motors is the only showroom in Singapore where parking is chargeable.

If u go to see car, they will give coupon

They have been like for quite awhile already. I think the revised VES scheme hit them hardest as popular models like the Fiesta, Focus n even their MPVs all gone. Their SEs had to jump ship as canât survive selling 2 niche models onlyð©

Agree. Many years ago I went with my friend to see Mondeo, their attitude is like they are about to close shop soon.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

There was this guy call Gerald some years back, and this is the BEST Regent SE. Other than him, all the SEs i met in Regent is like " go away lah dont come and bother me" kind of attitude.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I will buy from him if the car he markets is one of my section.  ^_^

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

will Ford/Regent close shop soon?

they only have the following for sale 

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

not too long ago, they had zero car to sell, and they had to display Peugeot cars in the ford showroom.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Last went to their showroom about 5 years back and saw the Mondeo which was 2L and had no rear air cons even when some Korean cars 1.6L had them already 

Especially in our hot weather rear aircons help

We last went to test drive the Kuga before we decided on the Tucson ~2.5 yr ago. It was a good car but under-marketed lah.

Oh, since you mentioned rear a/c, i can't help it but comment that a lot of the "rear a/c" are actually just a vent that divert some of the front vents' cool air to the rear. They are not stand-alone a/c like in the bigger MPVs, which has separate controls for the rear a/c...

My kids keep complaining rear a/c not cold... (but of course it's still better than dun have)...

• Praise 1

We last went to test drive the Kuga before we decided on the Tucson ~2.5 yr ago. It was a good car but under-marketed lah.

Oh, since you mentioned rear a/c, i can't help it but comment that a lot of the "rear a/c" are actually just a vent that divert some of the front vents' cool air to the rear. They are not stand-alone a/c like in the bigger MPVs, which has separate controls for the rear a/c...

My kids keep complaining rear a/c not cold... (but of course it's still better than dun have)...

My friend has a Kuga , feels like a small SUV / hatchback , drives well , was Cat B , I liked the drive ..... decent but the Mondeo was a setback back then in the 2L range , took the Lexus ES ( has its own rear controls )
  • Praise 2

Agree. Many years ago I went with my friend to see Mondeo, their attitude is like they are about to close shop soon.

When i was driving a used Focus, and went to Regent workshop hoping to ask them to help me see what's the problem with the car (turned out to be one side suspension spoilt), they told me no appt cannot entertain...

This pales in comparison to Komoco as when i was driving a used Verna and one brake was jammed, i went Komoco and they got one mech to go for a 5-min test drive and diagnosed the problem...

Indeed attitude no good...

• Praise 5

Supersonic

Yah. I was looking at their S-Max many years ago and the staff wasn't really interesting is selling it. Same when my parents when to shop for a Ford back in the 80's...the SAs were more interested in smoking in the office then come out to entertain us.

Same same. Went to checkout the Focus ST. 3 SEs just sat around playing w their phones n was totally ignored

Maybe they sold 1 Ford that month n met quota for that quarter...

Twincharged

Anyway their parent company got money. Let them sit idle also shiok

↡ Advertisement