How's the Honda CR-V?

Plinius

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has any comments on the honda CR-V?

Many Thanks!

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

The CRV is a very good car to drive man [thumbsup][thumbsup] . It is very spacious [thumbsup] man and the engine [thumbsup][thumbsup] also very good . The pickup [thumbsup] also quite good. The bad thing is that the fuel consumption [thumbsdown] is about 9km/l and the noise also not rather bad [thumbsdown] . Rest all of the thigs are very good man.Great style man [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

heh...from the no. of thumbs up and ur nick, can guess that u r proud owner of the CRV...heh...can elaborate more on the noise? do you mean insulation from outside noise when cruising at high speed?

Many Thanks!

Cheers

Supercharged

having such a nice ride can really makes one look forward to driving it everyday rite [flowerface]

From what i know it is due to the tyre and the design man( Not very aero dynamic design man )From what i know the present design is much better than my version man. Also heard that the present design also much quiter and the fuel consimption also better man . Go and test drive . You will love it man

Supercharged

heheheh...can post more pics of yr ride...thank u very much....interior n exterior...can't get enuff.... [inlove][inlove]

Sorry i don't take pic of my car lei. But i can tell you that my one is pealred in color and the interior is black in color leather .

Neutral Newbie

thanks CRV2004 for the prompt replies! will go down KM to test drive soon!

Qpik, u eyeing the CRV too?

Cheers.....

Neutral Newbie

Just went to test drive the CRV today with my friends.

The car looks really coolz! from the interior to the exterior, the handbrake is really coolz..heh....

In comparison to the Subaru Forester, the interior of the CRV is really very SPACIOUS! As I'm rather tall (6 ft), i would usually push the driver seat till the max, when in this position, I could sit comfortably at the passenger seat behind......

The dial is really nice too..there is this digital scale that shows your instanteous fuel consumption rate....

the engine idling speed is abt 600rpm, and is really quiet, no vibration.......

as for the power/pick up of the CRV, i would say on the average side, of course not as power as the Forester, but i wish it would have more pick up... maybe coz we fully loaded the CRV with 3 rear male passenger during the test drive...........

overall, i think i'm in love with the CRV [inlove] ..... next thing is to bring my wife aka CFO down for a test drive...heh.... and decide on the color...heh

Cheers........

Have you considered Nissan's X-trail ?

I once was considering CRV and X-trail and preferred the X-trail because of the cabin space. I am also 182 cm and thus prefer the larger X-Trail.

Eventually, I did not buy any of the two, as I was moving to a new country then.

Neutral Newbie

hi,

not really keen of the X-Trail, coz personally I dun like the design and it is 2.5L, the road tax is like SGD1K more yearly.........

cheers........

I must agree with you about the road tax. I made that comparison when I was in Australia, so I did not have to worry about that.

Inside, X-Trail is quite plastic and squarish.

But CRV, despiterecent face lift, is still quite an old design to me. But beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

1. I've tried CRV and Forester. Althought I'm driving a Civic, I would prefer Forester than CRV anytime. Actually I don't find them appealing in term of design but Forester is a better car in term of performance and handling.

2. CRV seems more spacious becase it has a taller cabin so handling will not be as smooth as the the Forester, which is lower and drive more like a car than the van-like styling in other SUVs.

3. If I can afford, i will go for Outback instead. Anyway, I was told by the SE that they may be bringing a MPV.

Regards,

Just went to test drive the CRV today with my friends.

The car looks really coolz! from the interior to the exterior, the handbrake is really coolz..heh....

In comparison to the Subaru Forester, the interior of the CRV is really very SPACIOUS! As I'm rather tall (6 ft), i would usually push the driver seat till the max, when in this position, I could sit comfortably at the passenger seat behind......

The dial is really nice too..there is this digital scale that shows your instanteous fuel consumption rate....

the engine idling speed is abt 600rpm, and is really quiet, no vibration.......

as for the power/pick up of the CRV, i would say on the average side, of course not as power as the Forester, but i wish it would have more pick up... maybe coz we fully loaded the CRV with 3 rear male passenger during the test drive...........

overall, i think i'm in love with the CRV ..... next thing is to bring my wife aka CFO down for a test drive...heh.... and decide on the color...heh

Cheers........

Yup that is why i say that you will like it man [nod][nod][nod][nod][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] .

But Forester i not sure because i never try before but to me the design o the forester is not as good as the CRV but handling wise i think that the Forester will be much better because of the all wheel drive system (But it is a fuel drinker) [furious][furious][furious] .

From my point of view i like the CRV the most next to the Lexus Rx300(Previous Version ) or the Landrover (Discovery Series ) [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
The CRV is a very good car to drive man [thumbsup][thumbsup] . It is very spacious [thumbsup] man and the engine [thumbsup][thumbsup] also very good . The pickup [thumbsup] also quite good. The bad thing is that the fuel consumption [thumbsdown] is about 9km/l and the noise also not rather bad [thumbsdown] . Rest all of the thigs are very good man.Great style man [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Forester fuel consumption average 8 to 10 km/l, comparable to your CRV figure.

↡ Advertisement