Hurricane Stainless Steel Filter

Alyc

Neutral Newbie

Its probably thro a computer linking to the car computer or ECU. Its quite fun though looking at the data..

Neutral Newbie
OK, will await your advise/feedback later. Thanks.

I think if you should want to add on other stuff, you should really be very careful. U oughta do retuning.

Also, its dependent on yourself how often you maxed it out.

I don't know if the knock sensor will retard the timing, and even if it does, I can't say for sure that it car retard the timing quickly enough as you should know once you're on boost it goes up exponentially.

As for what normally aspirated said about more fuel, once your injectors reach 100% duty cycle, they cant give anymore so it won't give you a good feeling. Besides at such high cycles the fuel will not be sprayed in a sequential method anymore too... they will ALL be spraying ALL the time.. thus even when its not on the intake stroke fuel will be building up behind the combustion chamber and will flow in during the intake stroke thus not mixing as well with the air.

A short term fix will be a fuel pressure reg, but i would reccommend new bigger injectors (740cc- 550cc should be more than sufficient but the price difference makes me says go the 740s) and since WRX's respond to the Apexi Power FC really well get that for tuning.

I don't know the flow rate of the WRX fuel pump either and you may need to upgrade that as well to keep up with the injectors. If I'm not wrong the Bosch 040 is a direct replacement and it should be more than enough. Another good pump is the US made walbro, but from what i've heard you either get a good one or a lemon. Last but not least contact subaru and see if they have any aftermarket fuel pumps... those should be the easiest and will not void your warranty (if any) if you get subaru to install them. (if subaru sg says they don't have it, gimme a PM and I'll check with a friend at subaru aust and his subaru US cousin if theres such a pump and get the part number for you.)

Neutral Newbie

Well, theoretically, injector duty cycle should be kept at about or below 80%, book said one. But then, I had seen stock car running 80+ and light mod turbo cars running in low 90+ range for long time, and still surviving. So I guess it

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Talked to my tuners and was advised to get a re-tune should I do anything to the intake.

Cheers!

Ya, I tried and compared it with paper filter. With everything else unchanged, my injector duty cycle increase by about 5.7%, which means air flow increase by about the same amount, and so hopefully the bhp too. However, I don

Neutral Newbie

it can be dynoed in 2 ways.. actual dyno machine, G-tech,

or your own personal feel of your car base on everyday driving.

Price is 105. What is your ride?

Hi Lammy,

Do take note of MCF's Guidelines on Ads and Solicitations here.

Thanks for your understanding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ads and Solicitation Guidelines

The following rules apply to all MCF members with no exception. Any MCF member who does not follow the rules laid out below will be warned once, and for any subsequent infringement, the member's membership in MCF will be terminated. All moderators in MCF have the right to warn any members in MCF of any such infringement. Subsequent infringement will be directed to Admin([email protected]) or Gavin([email protected]) for final consideration and membership termination.

• Classifieds Postings

All forumers who wish to post your old stuffs for sale, please do so at the Classifieds section in MCF. No business is allowed to use the classifieds to advertise their own products. A forumer must chalk up at least 25 postings before they are allowed to post a classified due to frequent abuse by some members to put in commercial advertisement.

• Group Buy/Purchase

Any member who wishes to organise group buy/purchase, please discuss with any of our moderators or send an email to Admin([email protected]) or Gavin([email protected]) to seek permission first before posting it in the forum. Group buy/purchase that does not have the necessary permission from MCF will be deleted without warning. Any group buy/purchase must not clash with MCF's interest or the interest of our sponsors/advertisers and it is up to MCF's discretion to remove any such threads without warning. Any business disguised as a group buy/purchase and subsequently discovered will be exposed immediately in the forum and their forum membership terminated.

All organizers of group buy/purchases are solely responsible to see through the whole exercise, including the final delivery of the product to the group. MCF does not endorse the product in the group buy/purchase. MCF is also not able to give any protection to our members who participate in the group buy/purchase and MCF is not liable for any damages as a result of the group buy/purchase.

• Postings of Product or Shops

Forumers who have some good/bad experience with a product or shop are allowed to post about their experience in the forum for the benefit of others. However we do not allow any hyperlinks in these postings as we want to encourage the product sellers or shop owners to become our sponsors. If you wish to provide more information about the product/shop, please ask the forumers to PM you directly. It is up to the discretion of MCF to remove any threads that we deem to be too similar to solicitation.

• Use of MCF name

We do not allow any person to use the name "MyCarForum" in any print materials like name cards, brochures etc without first seeking the approval of MCF. Please contact Admin([email protected]) or Gavin([email protected]) for approval.

• Advertisement for Business

If you are a businessman/entrepreneur selling a product, operating a shop or offering a service for a profit and wishes to advertise about it in MCF, you have the following options.

• Forum sponsorship (Email [email protected] for details)

• Email broadcast (Email [email protected] for details)

• Banner advertisements (Email [email protected] for details)

• Thread sponsorship (At only $20 for 3 months. See below for details)

MCF Products

Permission must be granted by MCF for any products that bear the MCF name. For example, MCF car decals or MCF polo shirts etc.

Thread sponsorship

For S$20, MCF offers you an opportunity to let your product/shop/service be known to the MCF community. You are allowed to post a single thread about your product/shop/service in the MCF Sponsors

Neutral Newbie

OK noted. Will work towards that. Will write to Gavin.

Sorry, my apologies.

Lai

Neutral Newbie

You will find the pickup smoother. Mid to high end very easy to revv.

You probably can give me a call at 93820113

Thanks for the offer. I'll need to wait for a convenient schedule.

As mentioned, I'll need to get a checkup with my tuners should I want to go with a really higher flow filter as my injectors have already been maximised. I run the risk of blowing something if I just dunk it in.

My ECU although stock....... but have been tuned to maximise the hardware lah.......

Neutral Newbie

K...

will hear from you soon.. Btw, just drop me an sms of your contact if you can for my recording purpose. Thanks!

Lai

↡ Advertisement