Urgently need advise on V-kool and Huper Optik!!

Skiver

Neutral Newbie

Hi!

Will be getting a nissan sunny soon and negotiated to have either V-kool or Huper Optik installed.So which one is better? Was told by SE that both are the same.Pls advise ppl.

↡ Advertisement

cool n lite might be cheaper option if paying through your own pocket. But since agent paying for it, go fo Vcool lah......

Neutral Newbie

Both are as good...but most important thing is who installed it.

Which ever you get, don't get it installed at the V-Kool bukit timah Rd (Next to Tan Chong), their workmanship [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

If You want to do Vkool, make sure you get it done at Vkool Sin Ming, they are really good.

Just to share my experience. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Just some interesting feedback on VKool.

My friend had that Belkin iPOD Tunecast FM transmitter for transmission of iPOD tunes to the FM frequencies within the car. It was working fine until he installed VKool. He assumes because VKool is metallic it somehow distorted the FM transmission within the car.

Any other brother has experienced the same problem?

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

My friend had that Belkin iPOD Tunecast FM transmitter for transmission of iPOD tunes to the FM frequencies within the car. It was working fine until he installed VKool. He assumes because VKool is metallic it somehow distorted the FM transmission within the car.

Was the other radio channel affected confused.gif

Cheers sunny.gif

Neutral Newbie

No, that is because the antenna is outside the car and links directly with the HU.

However with the Belkin unit, it is broadcast from inside (trasnmitter) to outside (receiver or your antenna) hence is forced to pass thru the VKool film. This is probably the cause of the distortion.

I have read in the SPUG (Singapore Palm Users Group) that it also interferes with GPS reception. Similar principals since the receiver is within the car (not your radio antenna) and the GPS signal must go thru the VKool film.

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

However with the Belkin unit, it is broadcast from inside (trasnmitter) to outside (receiver or your antenna) hence is forced to pass thru the VKool film. This is probably the cause of the distortion.

I have read in the SPUG (Singapore Palm Users Group) that it also interferes with GPS reception. Similar principals since the receiver is within the car (not your radio antenna) and the GPS signal must go thru the VKool film.

Interesting thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif New 2 me, looks like I better stay off any FM modulator sweatdrop.gif

I know it interference the GPS signal unless u have a GPS antenna outside the car thumbsup.gif

Thx for the clarification flowerface.gif

Cheers sunny.gif

Neutral Newbie

I wasn't impressed when I visited the Huper Optik workshop at Eunos. No aircon, pple there dunno anything. Say person in charge not in, then nobody can quote me a price. Don't even have a demo of their films.

Go for V-kool. Actually I'm using Cool n Lite... [thumbsup]

Hi!

Will be getting a nissan sunny soon and negotiated to have either V-kool or Huper Optik installed.So which one is better? Was told by SE that both are the same.Pls advise ppl.

Both are reputable but you may want to find out EXACTLY which range they are offering you. Make a comparison, then decide. Of course what James_tan point out about workmanship is oso impt. Check out:

http://www.tintcenter.com

I am using Llumar. thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

Vkool films will interfere with your parking transponder signals if you have such transponders because of the metallic based nature of the film..I know, because I kenah this problem...

Neutral Newbie

V cool offered by SE don't have very good heat insulation, I suggest you top up a bit and get better grade V cool.

[reply]

Vkool films will interfere with your parking transponder signals if you have such transponders because of the metallic based nature of the film..I know, because I kenah this problem...

I also use parking transponder with v-kool before and got no problem. wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hmmmm interesting. Both my transponders can't work unless I place them on the darker 6 inch film on the front windscreen, believe that that part is not metallic.

Neutral Newbie

I guest the installer does not cut the hole for the IU unit.

Normaly for vkool, they will cut a hole where the IU unit stick to the windscreen. Mine does not have any problem with the ERP parking system or GPS.

Both work well. I am using VK-75 for front windscreen.

You can always go back to vkool to redo ? where do you intsalled your vkool ?

Neutral Newbie

They did cut a hole for my ERP unit. Installed mine at what used to be one of their installation centres at Telok Kurau. Doesn't matter liao, selling car anyway heh

↡ Advertisement