TuneCast II MObile FM Transmitter

Mojacko

Neutral Newbie

hi... anybody using the above product??? i'm intending to buy it but is not sure what quality of music it can produce.... can users of this product give some comments.... tks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i had this thing bro. reception quite good. anyway i'm letting go of mine dirt cheap. 20bucks. thats if u want. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

The device run on 2 AAA batteries (or cigarette lighter for some brands)

It comes with the earphone plug that fits into an MP3 player headphone jack. When you turn on the MP3 player, set the FM Transmitter to the frequencies available on the transmitter. Most likely 88.1MHz, 88.3 MHz, 88.7MHz or 88.9 MHz (different for other brands) Then on your HU, tune to the FM frequency that is set by the transmitter.

Reception wise is pretty good except for some frequencies, it clashes with local radio stations. But on the NS Highway, it is damn clear because I use it with my portable 7" TFT DVD player

Hope it does not confuse you. Anyway, the following URL explains it better

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=166893

Neutral Newbie

Interested in the carpower one, simple and neat! anyone try this with their MP3 player ?

the tunecast and belkin one cost quite EX, wonder what's the diff between the $$$ one and the cheap one, Sim lim selling brandless one cost about 25 -30 bucks...

Neutral Newbie

saw the brandless one at Chanllegers selling S$16.90.....almost want to buy but once look not confidence lah....i think will have psss psss sound one...

Hi,

anyone try the S$15 brandless model before, notice that the brandless model can only work in the 107 range.

Neutral Newbie

I will recommend the Griffin SmartDeck, if you are using an iPod ie... sound quality is good, better than a transmitter, and you can control things like play and fast forward from you headunit... that is provided your headunit comes bundled with a cassette player. Its for those who doesn't wanna spend too much getting their iPod connected to an exisiting car stereo that doesn't quite support an iPod as yet...

$46 for the set...

[sunny]