Honda Accord EURO 2.0E

Kawan

I am looking at getting the Honda Accord EURO (2.0E), existing owners please help to advise on the pricing, interior/exterior components, maintenance, performance etc

I went to a parallel importer who quote me 92,888 (incl. six months road tax), no bodykit needed for this model, everything seems to be included (reverse sensor, dark glass, leather seat) except the sports rim ( add another $400 ). According to the sales person, everything is from Japan, except that the leather will be local.

With 90+ K, there seems to be many choices available for 2 litre cars. So if you could share with your justifications for choosing accord euro that would be nice.

Thanks!!!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

for 90+k. if u looking for the same class.

got madza6 2.3 >interior not bad and it relatively able to accelerate reasonably well. handling not v gd in my views though.

got subaru legacy > handling sld be the best. but w/o the turbo, it not v fast. keke!

got toyota camry> dun like the look.

dunno got new galant now liao not. heard coming out.

alternatively, if dun mind manual, smaller rear spaces and boot. can consider impreza wrx. 92888 sld get u one liao. but no leather seat hor. only got the fabric sport seat...haha! [laugh]

Thank you all for the information and thoughts. Further comments are most welcomed and appreciated! I am not rich man, so got to seriously think before spending 94K, at least to ensure that i am not getting a bad deal. OMV is about 27-28K, if i remember correctly what the salesman said.

hi bro,

just some comments from an existing owner of this fine car here...

me now driving a parallel imported Honda JDM Accord but mine is the 2.4 version aka CL9 which is with 200bhp & twin exhaust...

(the 2.0 version aka CL7 is abt 155bhp)

for your info, i got my car at the 4th quarter last year where my coe is at 28k and my car costed in total abt $120k... omv abt 32K...

IMHO, i love the handling and drive sensation of accord...

good handling, sporty looking and fuel efficiency too...

(CL9 is abt ave 9-10km/l whereas CL7 is abt 10-12km/l)

we also has a club for all accord owners in singapore...

u can check it out at http://www.shc-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=14

u can check out the PI i bought my accord from...

MOVA AUTOMOBILE PTE LTD located along bukit merah rd...

look for the GM William and he can gave u a gd price...

Neutral Newbie

Hi Kawan,

I'm also an owner of a Honda Accord Euro/JDM Accord 2.0E (aka CL7). [:)]

After almost 18 months of ownership and 24,000km, I think the Accord is a very well-built and reliable car. Apart from the scheduled servicing, nothing has gone wrong with the Accord (touch wood). [;)] I got my car from AutoHub and at that time when I bought the car, it cost me approx. S$110K with guaranteed COE. It came with leather seats and 15" sports rims. Did not want the reverse sensors even though it was part of the package as I did not want to "spoil" the overall looks of the car. [:)]

Performance is good from the 2 litre i-VTEC engine which puts out 155Bhp. Fuel consumption wise, I'm getting around 11km/litre, using Shell 98 RON and running on 16" alloy wheels. That gives you approx. 550km before the empty fuel warning light comes on. The fuel tank is 65 litres if I am not wrong. Ride and handling of the car is good for this car. [thumbsup]

I love the looks of the Euro/JDM Accord and that is one of the reasons why I got this car in the first place. Prior to purchasing the Accord, I was also looking at the Thai-built Accord from KM but the looks of the car didn't impress me when compared to the sleek and sporty looking Euro/JDM version. [nod][nod] I was a bit worried initially about the warranty/servicing issue but I am happy to say that I've been very satisfied with it so far.

If you are seriously going to get the Euro/JDM Accord, do remember to check with the parallel importer whether HID headlights is included in the price that is quoted to you, as HID headlights for the Euro/JDM Accord for model year 2005 is not standard. Some parallel importers will offer them as part of the package while others will require you to pay approx. S$1K more for the HID headlights.

Not too sure what's the OMV currently for the Euro/JDM Accord but when I got my car back then, my OMV was S$32K. [:)]

Hope the above helps you in making the right decision. [scholar]

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

I am looking at getting the Honda Accord EURO (2.0E), existing owners please help to advise on the pricing, interior/exterior components, maintenance, performance etc

I went to a parallel importer who quote me 92,888 (incl. six months road tax), no bodykit needed for this model, everything seems to be included (reverse sensor, dark glass, leather seat) except the sports rim ( add another $400 ). According to the sales person, everything is from Japan, except that the leather will be local.

With 90+ K, there seems to be many choices available for 2 litre cars. So if you could share with your justifications for choosing accord euro that would be nice.

Thanks!!!

Y not send Accordvtec a PM cool.gif He probably can help to clinch a better deal thumbsup.gif

Juz a thotflowerface.gif

Cheers sunny.gif

Hi HC1883 and existing owners,

1. I understand that the glass is already darken when imported, how does it compare to huper optik or vkool, does it filter uv?

2. It comes with 15" allow wheels, do you think is a good idea to upgrade it to 16" or 17" ? How much do you think is reasonable for the upgrade?

3. Any advise on the leather seat, as i understand i can choose the color etc?

Thanks.

hi bro,

just some comments from an existing owner of this fine car here...

me now driving a parallel imported Honda JDM Accord but mine is the 2.4 version aka CL9 which is with 200bhp & twin exhaust...

(the 2.0 version aka CL7 is abt 155bhp)

for your info, i got my car at the 4th quarter last year where my coe is at 28k and my car costed in total abt $120k... omv abt 32K...

IMHO, i love the handling and drive sensation of accord...

good handling, sporty looking and fuel efficiency too...

(CL9 is abt ave 9-10km/l whereas CL7 is abt 10-12km/l)

we also has a club for all accord owners in singapore...

u can check it out at http://www.shc-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=14

u can check out the PI i bought my accord from...

MOVA AUTOMOBILE PTE LTD located along bukit merah rd...

look for the GM William and he can gave u a gd price

Wow you mean that it can hit 10 to 12 km/l . That is very good man . You on which size tyre and rim ???

(edited)

For your info and to answer some of your questions,

- I had my CL9 (JDM Accord 2.4) sent to install VKOOL... as the accord came with tinted glass, therefore i can only choose the most entry plan of vkool in order to pass LTA regulation.

- My CL9 was fitted with 16" wheel as standard but i upgraded to size 17" wheels.

- As for leather seats, it is fitted locally by the PI themselves therefore u can choose your preferred color.

- My CL9 full tank only managed to hit average of slightly more than 400km before warning lights came on... (it really all depends on your driving style)

Correction : my CL9 had ovm value of abt 34K...

Edited by Heynsl
↡ Advertisement