RE :Jaguar Owners Servicing

Yann

Neutral Newbie

hi bro felt so sorry for u n ur car actually jag is a good car to drive but the maintaince is too costly so i tink the next conti i will go is lexsus as it use japan parts so cheaper to maintain n save petrol hoped tis will help u [nod][:(]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I bought the Jag at 95k, insurance paid out 88k in the end after several weeks of haggling. But the thing is I still need to pay the interest penalties for the car loan. Don't forget the insurance, roadtax, transfer fees too. In all, I lost almost 15-16k in this unfortunate episode. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

I doubt Lexus is a continental car. It is just another japanese luxurious car. Lexus good meh? Too common like the nissan cefiro.

Neutral Newbie

Lexus is a good car. If you are lexus is common mayb bcos of the RX300 but sometime it at onli be toyota harrier juz that ppl go do facelift to make it into lexus RX300. But the Rest of the Lexus desgin is not that common [;)]

Guys,

(a) my Jag X Type hasn't been giving me any (major) problems, servicing post warranty just last year cost me under $400, compared to Beemer drivers having to pay both service parts and labor costs from day 1 (even during warranty period) - I know that since 2005 from fellow BMW friend and my bro who's looking at the 5 series now. Think relatively cheap (for european car) or comparable as one is driving after all a Jaguar i.e., pre Tata '08 takeover (don't mean to be offensive). In any case, it's preference and different class between owners of these 2 makes.

(b) My contacts are asking if a 5.5 year old S Type (2.5L) with Supercharged Type R bodykit styling priced at S$72-ish/$73k is worth considering/buying - Black with chrome exterior, red against white interior (quite nice, racy). I test drove that "Garfield" for them & quite impressed over my current ride, hmm...

Guys,

(a) my Jag X Type hasn't been giving me any (major) problems, servicing post warranty just last year cost me under $400, compared to Beemer drivers having to pay both service parts and labor costs from day 1 (even during warranty period) - I know that since 2005 from fellow BMW friend and my bro who's looking at the 5 series now. Think relatively cheap (for european car) or comparable as one is driving after all a Jaguar i.e., pre Tata '08 takeover (don't mean to be offensive). In any case, it's preference and different class between owners of these 2 makes.

(b) My contacts are asking if a 5.5 year old S Type (2.5L) with Supercharged Type R bodykit styling priced at S$72-ish/$73k is worth considering/buying - Black with chrome exterior, red against white interior (quite nice, racy). I test drove that "Garfield" for them & quite impressed over my current ride, hmm...

2005 thread bro

Neutral Newbie

even if Malayan motor charge a bit more for servicing, the service interval (for X-type) is 16,000 km so compared to normal cars (do they still recommend 5K service?) it may end up actually cheaper.

so, other than the usual Malayan motor for the Jaguar servicing, is there any one else?

*saw the Zenith n Megaauto in the earlier thread. but that's from 2005.

for the X-Type, thought it would share many similar parts to the ford mondeo... so perhaps a ford agent can do also?

Neutral Newbie

I don't think the X-type shares engine with the Mondeo, only the chassis. It is unlike the Rover 620 which was a rebadged Honda Concerto with new bodywork.

Edited by Hwchoy

Neutral Newbie

Any Idea whats the FC like for X-type 2.0? Heard from some friends that its at the region of 7km/l. I think its quite bad for a 2 liter since my S40 2.4 can clock about 8.5km/l.

even if Malayan motor charge a bit more for servicing, the service interval (for X-type) is 16,000 km so compared to normal cars (do they still recommend 5K service?) it may end up actually cheaper.

Servicing a Jaguar with MM is never cheap.

For example, a 4 times service package for the XJ 3.0 is 10k.

Neutral Newbie

Any Idea whats the FC like for X-type 2.0? Heard from some friends that its at the region of 7km/l. I think its quite bad for a 2 liter since my S40 2.4 can clock about 8.5km/l.

my late 2005 model returns 8.5-9.0 km per litre. my daily commute pattern is 50km of mostly jammed PIE. I think it is quite reasonable compared to my very old Benz E200 doing the same routine returning 9.0-9.5km per litre.

Neutral Newbie

my late 2005 model returns 8.5-9.0 km per litre. my daily commute pattern is 50km of mostly jammed PIE. I think it is quite reasonable compared to my very old Benz E200 doing the same routine returning 9.0-9.5km per litre.

I will seriously consider this car if it can give a 8.5km/l. Difficult to find a V6 2.0 nowadays..... can save some on Roadtax also.... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

yes I keep a careful record of mileage and amount of fuel pumped over the life time of the car. if you are able to cruise on the highway the consumption of course will be much much better. you should not drive too slowly either, when I just got the car consumption was around 7! because I was not used to it and drove too "slowly". :)

↡ Advertisement