RE :Jaguar Owners Servicing

Yann

I will seriously consider this car if it can give a 8.5km/l. Difficult to find a V6 2.0 nowadays..... can save some on Roadtax also.... [thumbsup]

For info, the X type 2.0 is having actual ec is 2099 cc Road tax caculated base on above 2000cc class

For fuel comsumption, Malayan Motor can download the latest version software to correct the performance and the comsumption of the car, Jaguar car are fully computerise programme they need to run a soft ware to erace and redownload taking a least 4 hrs.

Neutral Newbie

For info, the X type 2.0 is having actual ec is 2099 cc Road tax caculated base on above 2000cc class

For fuel comsumption, Malayan Motor can download the latest version software to correct the performance and the comsumption of the car, Jaguar car are fully computerise programme they need to run a soft ware to erace and redownload taking a least 4 hrs.

The roadtax is $1328/yr for X-type, almost same as a 2.0 liter car roadtax at $1200/yr. As for the software downloading part, dont really understand but i check with malayan motor. Thanks for your help. cheers.... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

does any of you X-type owners experience the gearbox not wanting to engage fully when you trod hard on the accelerator? the tacho would go from say 2K rpm to 4-4.5K rpm, but the gear box would kind of not be engaged such that the car does not accelerate.

Neutral Newbie

Jaguar servicing can be done at the shell at bukit timah. Opp autobahan. Look for Ah Chong. He's a gr8 chap very helpful and works fast and well.

this shell station is the one near newton circle/newton post office?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys..Wondering if there is a X-type group or something like dat in singapore? i drive a 2.5, for bout 1.5yrs. great car. i have never gone to mm for servicing.ridiculous pricing. very interested to be part of the x-type group(if there is 1) :)

Hi Exprimez and all, I'm currently driving a Oct 06 X-Type. Unfortunately, there's no X-Type Owners Group, not even one for all Jag owners : ) Guess, people who own this kind of cars (at least in S'pore) are not the car club types. Moreover, Jags are not popular in the aftermarket/ accessories market so even less chance for enthusiasts to gather. As for servicing, if you have not gone to MM for servicing before, I assume you base your assessment on other people's experience?

I'll be going for my first have-to-pay servicing (58k mileage) at MM tomorrow, so let's see how it goes [sweatdrop]

Hi Exprimez and all, I'm currently driving a Oct 06 X-Type. Unfortunately, there's no X-Type Owners Group, not even one for all Jag owners : ) Guess, people who own this kind of cars (at least in S'pore) are not the car club types. Moreover, Jags are not popular in the aftermarket/ accessories market so even less chance for enthusiasts to gather. As for servicing, if you have not gone to MM for servicing before, I assume you base your assessment on other people's experience?

I'll be going for my first have-to-pay servicing (58k mileage) at MM tomorrow, so let's see how it goes [sweatdrop]

Pls provide updates

Pls provide updates

Neutral Newbie

hi silver

how was yr servicing experience at MM?

well i did not hear from ppl comments abt MM but had a personal experience from them..i remember a quotation i got from them..labour to do some simple repair was 800 bucks excluding parts..now i actually source the parts elsewhere and get any workshop to do repairs...

i believe there are ppl who would be interested in a jaguar group ...maybe we could be the pioneer :D ...

Hi bro,

MM took 2 days to service my car despite my prior appointment and dropping off the car at 6.45am (24hr drop-off). They spent a lot of time checking the whole car (I asked to see the checklist and joblist, saw they even have figures for thickness of brake discs, condition of the ARB bushings, damper condition etc). The customer service was good (as in reception, service advisor's actions and how they respond to my queries and needs) and the servicing charges seems reasonable except two of the items, as follows (excl. GST): -

1) $563/- Package to change engine oil (6l Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40, oil filter, 500ml brake fluid, pollen filter, labour to check and change);

2) $175/- a pair of front brake pads, $105/- labour (claim have to remove wheels and clean calipers);

3) $40/-, change the pair of wipers (blades + frames), $30/- labour(!?! next time will change myself);

4) $55/- driver side windscreen jet, no labour charge;

5) $175/- driver side headlamp power wash assembly (jet spray motor and cover), $50/- labour to spraypaint and replace.

Mileage was 58k, service interval is every 16k km. This was my 4th servicing.

Looking forward to fellow X-Typers to share their servicing experiences :D

Neutral Newbie

bro ..quite ridiculous pricing la..

total cost would probably be between 200 to 300 MAX..

pollen filter: $30 plus...can diy

airfilter:$22 plus..diy..

oil filter abt $15..engine oil source yr self..if ask normal workshop total labour would be less then 100...anyway, everyone has their own preference..

if u need to know the stockist info pm me.. i don know if i can post it here..

im reaching 100k km soon.tomorrow going to see my mechanic to prepare myself wat to buy for a full service...every item im purchasing myself...he charge me labour only..

cheers

I hope I am not sidetracking too much... but can someone let me know if the S-Type is a reliable Jag ? Jaguar has been winning all these JD Power ranking these past few years so does that mean recent models ie. 2007 onwards are all good?

Neutral Newbie

Hey Jags owners,

i m having a x-type 06 and would like to see more forumers moving like this. I have bit discussion with silverleaper earlier abt servicing outside....like to know if anyone wana do a forum on Jags, any volunteer boh? [:p]

Hi bro,

MM took 2 days to service my car despite my prior appointment and dropping off the car at 6.45am (24hr drop-off). They spent a lot of time checking the whole car (I asked to see the checklist and joblist, saw they even have figures for thickness of brake discs, condition of the ARB bushings, damper condition etc). The customer service was good (as in reception, service advisor's actions and how they respond to my queries and needs) and the servicing charges seems reasonable except two of the items, as follows (excl. GST): -

1) $563/- Package to change engine oil (6l Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40, oil filter, 500ml brake fluid, pollen filter, labour to check and change);

2) $175/- a pair of front brake pads, $105/- labour (claim have to remove wheels and clean calipers);

3) $40/-, change the pair of wipers (blades + frames), $30/- labour(!?! next time will change myself);

4) $55/- driver side windscreen jet, no labour charge;

5) $175/- driver side headlamp power wash assembly (jet spray motor and cover), $50/- labour to spraypaint and replace.

Mileage was 58k, service interval is every 16k km. This was my 4th servicing.

Looking forward to fellow X-Typers to share their servicing experiences :D

wah, carrot chop thick thick.....heh heh.

wah, carrot chop thick thick.....heh heh.

of course lah, so few Jag on the road. mechanics too free. if don't extend the service and chop chop chop, close down liao.

of course lah, so few Jag on the road. mechanics too free. if don't extend the service and chop chop chop, close down liao.

Thats why I dare not buy Jag for my wife..

does any of you X-type owners experience the gearbox not wanting to engage fully when you trod hard on the accelerator? the tacho would go from say 2K rpm to 4-4.5K rpm, but the gear box would kind of not be engaged such that the car does not accelerate.

that's due to Jag electronics (electronical nannies) causing a lag in acceleration, sometimes even when you floor the pedal nothing happens, i.e. rev doesn't even speed up - my german crazed duo suggest adding in spring booster to override this stock function. They installed in their BMWs & have preached about it since...cost about $200? [gossip]

↡ Advertisement