2 weeks old tyre, burst.

Gadgeter

Hi folks,

Need your opinion on this.

My friend was driving along the CTE when his rear tyre burst, he hitted the road barrier and his car made a 180 degree ski on the wet road.. Before he could do anything, he was facing the on-coming vehicle. Then he managed to turn the car 180 degree back to its original direction and make his way to the road shoulder. He was lucky that no other cars was involved.

His findings: There is a hole on the side wall of the tyre.

His Damage: Under carriage, drive shaft, side of the car. Total repair: At least 5k.

Question: As his tyre is only 2 weeks old, Can he file an 'claim' against the tyre company? It was the tyre that caused the accident.

Edited by Gadgeter
↡ Advertisement

My advise is to go to the importer of the tyre and ask him for compensation. Seek compensation thru them and ask for repair to the tyres as well as the car.

No point making a big fuss then the importer will see no onus to settle it nicely with him. Let them have the option of protecting the name....

But if else fails, go to the insurance company to file the claim or even see a lawyer.....it would not be a clear cut case as they can claim that you "did not follow manufactuer's recommendation" that cause the tyre premature failure.

Neutral Newbie

Ask him to get a lawyer to file a claim against the tyre importer and tyre manufacturer.....Definitely got a case to fight.....maybe big bucks from compensation....

Wahh...like dat mai pan chance liao.....they are loaded !!

And with a big reputation like theirs........they will die die cover their own arse....

Treaten to expose them if they do not entertain........

Neutral Newbie

If your friend bought from reputable shops like Stamford or SE Tyres etc... am quite sure they will likely do a exchange.

If its those smaller set ups, they could still do so but they will certainly need to get the exchange from the agent/distributors first... so it all depends on their relnship with their principal - ie. whether they close or not.

Must check with the shop who sold the tyres

Ask him to get a lawyer to file a claim against the tyre importer and tyre manufacturer.....Definitely got a case to fight.....maybe big bucks from compensation....

In US or some other european countries, likely to get big compensation. In singapore, likely for case to be thrown out of court

He main purpose is to claim for the damage for the car, the road barrier....

I have informed him about the advice given by all.

Thanks.

Your frient might want to check if the tyre pressure is correct, was the tyre fitted according to recommendations etc... just to cover himself before bringing up the case.

Hi pals,

my tire just got punctured.

want to change it quickly at any place near my office at loyang.

anyone can provide the address of any tyre shops near loyang?

if got contact number better also

(edited)

Do you know the medical oil Yokoyoko... ha ha ha..use it to apply on forehead mah...

changed the above to protect the innocent.

Edited by Gadgeter