Toyota Fortuner

Robertoon

I can never understand how such big SUV can come with drum brakes!

How can cost cutting come in expense of safety? Even the new Grand Vitara comes with silly rear drum brakes!

Unfortunately most Singaporean buyer either are ignorant or couldn't care less....

My previous car an SUV was using rear drum brakes, and after a small accident which could have been avoided if the rear brakes are better... after that I'd never buy a car / SUV with drum brakes.

hey are rear drum brakes really much weaker until it'll compromise safety?

i mean i hate drum brakes.. but i'm just wondering, with an ultra strong front disc brakes, the braking will still be at the front during jamming and so the rear drum brakes dont really have to work right?

↡ Advertisement

[reply]

The seemingly positive reviews from car mags will not help at all. Bless the potential owners of the Fortuner. shakehead.gif

By nature biased. I have yet to see a review esp. from SG to rap at any of the new models. bad reviews means car companies will not send them cars to test. No tests means no reviews. No review means no readership. No readership means no ad dollars. No ad dollar means no business.

Southpark

The Dude

yes, u look at reviewers like chris****** tan (ST senior correspondent), he reviewed china cars and HE DIDNT EVEN UTTER A bad point of china cars. he's so scared here and there pls dont write reviews. still say that geely ck's engine is refined etc etc.

The point I want to make is that hardware should also extent beyond disc brakes.

But none-the-less, I'm glad that you do concur on the point that safe driving has it's critical role in preventing accidents. [nod]

Just a friendly exchange of views. Hope I didn't get on your nerves too much. Hehehe

Cheers!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

bro u really dont understand wat firstcall is talking about. i read i also wan to laugh

Neutral Newbie
This problem can be resolved by having a reverse camera. In any event, I think parents should take utmost care of their children, in particular todlers, when they are near vehicles, roads or car parks. Whenever I am with my daughter, I will make sure I carry her when we are near the carpark. Also, I will ensure that she is properly strapped in onto her child seat before moving off.

If a parent is not careful, they can still reverse their cars onto their children even if they are driving a mini. It is the driver and not the car.

Yupe they even run over their own kid driving forward, e.g. the Taiwanese mother recently in papers.

So ..... put camera in front as well?

What exactly is the point of driving this huge, heavy, underpowered, fuel guzzling, ungainly Flat-Bed-Truck-convert in metropolitan traffic like SG? You going off-road anytime?

Neutral Newbie

Running over the kid in front is simply attributed to bad driving skills. If you put a lousy woman driver behind the wheel, you will have the same problem whether she is driving a truck or a Mazda 121.

BTW, I don't drive an underpowered, ungainly Flat-Bed-Truck-convert. I drive a Pajero [drivingcar] .

Taking your argument to its logical conclusion, we should all be riding bicycles in Metropolitan Singapore.

Hi,

Having driven Matrix, CRV & RAV4 (just sold).... I have now become SUV addict...cant go back to Sedan.

Traded-in my RAV4 for Chvrolet

(edited)

CAPTIVA - GM launched CAPTIVA just last year as a 'World Car' which is being marketed as Winstorm in Korea... 'Holden Captiva' in Australia...as CAPTIVA in Europe..to capture market in Europe and this part of the world.

Conceived in US

Designed in Korea - joint collaboration GM & DAEWOO (now under GM),

Assembled in Thailand

Marketed as 'World Car'. A variant of CAPTIVA will be launched in US end of this year.

GM/Chevrolet are leaders in building/designing especially SUVs....it's only recently when Americans are switching to small/luxury cars (Japs are ahead in this arena)...they are loosing out....hence launching CAPTIVA world-wide to gain lost ground.

Just Test Drive it. You will be plesantly surprised [:)]

Edited by Sunny123

no wonder i saw a holden badge on a capitva lookalike running on the streets on melbourne...thought my eyes going kuku [dizzy]

Supercharged

When to test drive the Q7 , last month ... One word [thumbsup] Chio somemore but too bad , too expensive [thumbsdown]