Suspension kaput

Falc

Guys, I wanna know what are some sure signs that the suspension is near it's life span and time for a change? Normally just need to change the absorbers, springs no need right?

I'm hearing some knocking sound at low speed, but it's really on-off and not over humps. So wondering if it is time to change sus... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

im not sure abt this knocking sound u mentioned. but where does the sound come from?

to check if need to change the absorbers, the car should bounce ONCE ONLY when it goes over the hump. it shouldnt go up and down too many times. if it does, time to change the absorber. u can actually try to bounce the car too and see how many times the suspension bounce.

p/s: i stated hump cos its easy to check.

Yes u reminded me. [thumbsup] I bounced the car, still looks firm. The sound hasn't gone away though, but it surfaces only when i'm making turns npw. Am going to bring down to w/shop as pisces69 suggested.

Ya lor, mechanic found the rubber surrounding the ball bearing of the driveshaft broken, said sand could have gotten in.

But new driveshaft so cheap meh? Coz I was quoted like $250 one side for recon/repaired ones some more! [bigcry]

Ooo... No wonder so ex [sweatdrop]

I used to go to this mech when I was driving my VW 1 year + ago. His pricing is reasonable, but the catch is his repairs normally takes longer than he says cus he's short of staff. Dunno whether the shop still ard though. You can call him at 90046631. He's Alex from Rennsport. Hope this helps [;)]

Thanks. Another w/shop quoted $290 for repair and change new bearings in the CV joint. Comes with 6 months warranty.

Anyone has any experience if such a procedure, versus change entire new CV joint, is ok and lasting? [wave]

Erm, yeah. When this issue happened to me last time, I was advised by the bros here to change the entire drive shaft. If you just change the CV joint there would be probs later on again. Penny wise pound foolish [;)]

↡ Advertisement