Aircond filter. Don't buy from Stamford Tyres!

Treesmaker

Hi all, I was in Stamford, Loyang during my lunch hour and I noticed some HEPA air filters for the Aveo. They cost $48/-. The lady in the counter offered me an opened one from a customer who she claimed bought model, well anyway she offered it to me for $36/- what I steal, I thought and I bought it.

Well, I could not install it into my Aveo as this filter had hard plastic grid frame and it was not flexible. There was no spoonge around the edges (to keep it air tight)and it had no pull out thingy. I tried and tried, I could not get it in as there was a plastic bar across the glove compartment. I was on my knees on the road trying to get the damn thing in. I wasted my lunch hour and have sore knees.

I went to return it, dirty and a bit warped. The cashier called the supplier and he spoke to me, " same size what..." I said it cannot go in. So they called a mechanic to install it, he also cannot. At last I got my $36/- back. Luckily I did not break anything trying to get this stupid filter in. The HEPA filter they have is cut to size, and there is no spoonge around the filter and no pullout plastic to make removal easy. In my opinion the filter the sell is crap. But then again they refunded my money, phew!

I bought an original for $20/- and installed in about 15 minutes. Please buy orginal parts and save yourself grief!

↡ Advertisement

Check with you... For air filter installation in Aveo, do we need to unscrew anything? I noticed that it cannot be taken straight out... There is a horizontal bar of some sort blocking it right? [sweatdrop]

No need to unscrew. Just pull out the bottom glove compartment when it is opened. Unlock the latch and pull out 70-90 degrees sideways as there is a horiztonal bar blocking it. I tried removing it and replacing it back for fun quite some time back. Easy (but tedious) DIY. I too was pespiring and had backache the first time round!

Like Genie said, once you remove it, lube it so that putting it back and removing it the next time will be MUCH easier.

Don't unscrew that horizontal bar. You are supposed to lift it up and squeeze it above the bar and out. The air filter is flexible.

I bought my from Song Yi in Veerasamy Road for $20/-

Neutral Newbie

That horizontal bar is supposed

to be a protection against frontal

accident thus prevent the impact force

from reaching the passenger when a frontal

accident occurs.

Just wank the god damm Glove-box out.

The Filter had to go in at a slanting

matter. Careful on the opposite side in the

slot cos too butral force may dent the cabin

condenser fins.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

err... the original is CHEAPER than what stamford made?

*shake head*

paisay, thought all car has the filter? should new car change filter? will it improve performance?

Edited by Benson

Neutral Newbie

think u all mix up laio... treesmaker was talking abt aircon filter... not the air filter in the engine compactment...

i too have cairefresh install... the mechanic install it in less than 2 min... think u got a lemon or they pack the wrong size into the box...

back to the hurricane filter... my sunny using it too... the effect was real good... but do beware with that extra power to move... u tend to push harder... ie fc suck! haha

paisay, thought all car has the filter? should new car change filter? will it improve performance?

Not all cars come with air-con filter. Classic cases include Hyundai Matrix and Toyota Altis, so I heard. Shocking eh?

my friend try simota..their review was solid too. try to find hurricane on the web but to no vaild.. only manage to find simota.. heard a rumour, saying that simota manufacture filter for top jap brand like top fuel and trust..

anyone heard anything?

thank for the information [thumbsup] but i just put in a simota stainless steel filter and i find the respond is great.. they also have C.A.I and carbon fiber with open pod..

thinking of a upgrade at the end of the year. anyone have try it yet??