Steel Mate SW826 Subwoofer

Speedunlimit

adviceable to get s-woofer wif power of 150> watts RMS...

otherwise line wif 6.5" component spkr wif mid sub is enuf to handle the low frequency liao.... [;)]

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

I understand that such under-seat active subs don't have a very long life-span shakehead.gif

AFAIK, the subs need to have more room to breath for optimal SQ and life-span nod.gifthumbsup.gif

Cheers sunny.gif

Hi

Thank you all of you for the valuable comments. In fact, I would be getting a Honda Jazz soon. Now seeking advices where to place the amp & sub woofer.

Understand that the space under the front seats are quite limited and may not be able to contain my amp. If I fix the amp & sub at the boot area, probably the installer would require to custom-make a wooden platform to contain the 2 items and that would cause an increase in the floor level in the boot area. Even if my sub is placed inside the spare tyre compartment, there would be a slight rise in floor level due to the wooden board thickness.

Any suggestion to install the 2 items in the boot & would not affect the boot's floor level as I require the floor to be completely flat after folding my rear seats. Thanks in advance [wave]

Hi York,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The active sub or bass tube still take up spaces. I would require the full boot area for my loading purpose [:)]

hmmm...since u r space conscious...not much choice...better go for component 6.5"..wif good mid bass spkrs.

active sub...if too small...serve no purpose liao...unless u r going to take out ur spare tire permanently which is not adviceable..

in the auto audio market...currently there r a few 6.5" component spkrs which r quite solid on the low frequency..namely CDT, cardence, JBL..go for an audition @ any of the SLT or SLS auto audio shop...u'll be convinced... [;)]

i m not beri good at this....maybe u should discuss with ur installer to help maximise ur space...understand there's space underneath the rear passenger seats...not sure if you can max that unsure.gif