Stubborn stickers that just won't quit

Lester

Neutral Newbie

Dear all

I've got some stickers on my jeep sides that just refuses to budge.I tried slicing with pen knife, peeling with fingernails, WD40... Nothing works. Can anyone help b4 I approach the painters? Thanks.

Regards

Lester

post-14-1041249893_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Put a BIGGER sticker over all of it [laugh]

sorry man.... don't have experience with such old large stickers on paint.

I did remove some 10yr + decals on my rear side window, but that was glass, so a slow knife edge worked. The decals were about 3 cm in diameter or so, and they tookk me the better part of 10mins to remove completely. After that, I used an "orange glow" solution to remove the remnants of the sticky substance.

cheers and a Happy New Year to you in advance!

..... by the way.... what happened to the Santa Fe?

Neutral Newbie

Hi there Otello

I think Goo Gone doesn't work for me cos the immediate layer is the vinyl layer that doesn't allow any crap to pass thru. Unless I use thinner or acid over it and it'll melt the vinyl layer but at the same time, I'll have new designs on my doors!shocked.gif

Regards

Lester

Neutral Newbie

You mean to say that the edges cannot come out or there is adhesive residue on the paint after removal? If both are true, you may need to use 3M VHB Tape over the sticker and then clean off the adhesive residue with 3M Adhesive Remover (Citrus base).

Neutral Newbie

Hi there Doc

A friend from OZ suggested using a hairdryer to heat and should be easier to remove. Think this should work as that wat I did to remove car emblems on my SF rear. Turpentine? Think I'll pass. Thanks.

Regards

Lester

Neutral Newbie

Hi there SHSOH

Thank you for your reply. Wat's VHB Tape? Will it be too strong till it peels paint? Never heard of such a strong adhesive on the consumer market.

Regards

Lester

Neutral Newbie

I think using a hairdryer is a good method....heat will melt the adhesive and it will be much easier to peel off....

Neutral Newbie

Hi there Chris

Sadly not yet. Never got the time to sit down and do anything bout it. Seem to have grown into me too. I no longer get bothered over it. Maybe when it really irritates me again.laugh.gif

Regards

Lester

Neutral Newbie

Hi there

Managed to remove all the decals from the two sides. It was a two hour job with a little scrapping and alot of heating. Did it in a MSCP and now only need to remove the adhesive left on the body. after one day with the adhesive exposed to the roads, it has changed to a darker shade of silver/ gray and look as if it is painted onto the body. Should be clean up by CNY and waxed for the first time. Any brudders wanna help with polishing and waxing?

Ha ha... Just kiddin!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Regards

Lester

Neutral Newbie

Hi there Chris

Definitely it looks better. Now it looks like a toy car especially after I detail the vehicle. Now the adhesive has taken a new identity. After sucking up all the dirt in Tuas, Now it looks like I delibretely painted a darker shade to get the design. We,, at least it looks better than red and gold. Will squeeze in some pics tomorrow.

Regards

Lester

Btw.. i know war is over... [laugh] ... but heard from bike forum that u can apply some petrol over the stickers... it should melt them... but I don't think can leh.... [:/]

Neutral Newbie

hi there,

you know where can I find auto workshop to put in some customised awesome vinyl stickers on the car body...)

i know of a place at Ubi Ave 3 but very crowded

Regards

Jimmy

[bounce1]