Export of car

Oreo

Neutral Newbie

Hi brudders,

I want to know how the system for export of car works.

I currently thinking of scrapping my car (4yrs old) and the paper value is about 43K.

It's a Civic VTI.

I heard that if exporting the body itself, can fetch 4-5K..

Is there a formula to calculate this?

I have a few "agent" which give me different export price ranging from 1K to 5K...

I don't know if the body could fetch higher or is the offer really good.

Can any expert here guide me along?

↡ Advertisement

Hi brudders,

I want to know how the system for export of car works.

I currently thinking of scrapping my car (4yrs old) and the paper value is about 43K.

It's a Civic VTI.

I heard that if exporting the body itself, can fetch 4-5K..

Is there a formula to calculate this?

I have a few "agent" which give me different export price ranging from 1K to 5K...

I don't know if the body could fetch higher or is the offer really good.

Can any expert here guide me along?

Got so high mei , the body value???

Last time my friend who is car agent tell me that car after 3year will have no body value [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

Got lay...a friend who export his car recently fetch 8K for his VTI(02 model)...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro gadgeter, but the link only give process not formula of how it determine the export value calculation lay.. [dizzy]

Got lay...a friend who export his car recently fetch 8K for his VTI(02 model)...

Like that kanna cheat by him already man . That time when i count if my VTI drive another 2 year lost another 12 K and i change then also get the same value tahn i decided to change car . Or else i would not have change car so early and lost so much money now man . Some more the car i driving now the price different about 20k when i bought it [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

Never going to trust him again man [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

The following are based on personal opinion. I'm not in the car trade, therefore, might not be able to provide a 100% accurate info.

When you export the car, you'll get paper value + car body value.

The amount for your car body demands on demand. If there isn't any demand, then your car is worthless..

Turbocharged

Bear in mind that you'll have to take a hit of 5% or more off the PARF + COE rebate if you get an exporter to do it for you because you more often than not require someone to pay off the loan for you (ie. buy the PARF paper off your hands).

i got no idea also. that time my bro sold his car, the salesman told me Sri Lanka only allow less than 3.5yr old car. thats why we need to hand over the car before 3.5yr old, if not the prices difference is huge difference. [:)] cheers!

Or maybe it's for you guys to let go the car at a faster time because he got a good deal for your car at that point of time. I go confirm with the 3.5 year thing and let you know.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks pls keep this topic going as i believe alot of brothers out there would find it as useful as me on this info......so now if option of export is available, that would help some brothers like to cut the loss more..

Neutral Newbie
Bear in mind that you'll have to take a hit of 5% or more off the PARF + COE rebate if you get an exporter to do it for you because you more often than not require someone to pay off the loan for you (ie. buy the PARF paper off your hands).

I heard that if you can find some financial company who need your type of car, they would absorb this 5% paper value.....

I know Leng Kee carmart, there got one that would actually export your car and absorb this 5%...but i not sure if you have to get another car from him a not......

Bro... export option is the final option to take. Because it's simply paper -% and body value whereas you might get better value in selling the car in local market...

Maybe you can sell a sunny at 38k but only the export side only 35k.

There are a lot of charges for exporting a vehicle out of the country...

1 container which holds around 5 sedan cost around USD4k to Kenya...

Turbocharged

Yeah I'm sure they will absorb the 5% and charge it to your body value. There's no free lunch in this world bro. Don't believe everything they say.

Please check the local selling price before falling for the export option. Its just what Schneider said. Leave it to the last option. Cover all bases so that you know you've tried your best to get the best price. Else, you will end up kicking yourself later.

↡ Advertisement