New 2.0 TFSI Entry Level Audi A6

Shouyi

The following is an article from GermanFanclub.com

"The 2.0 TFSI delivers 170 bhp in the Audi A6. This free-revving, high-torque and, at the same time, economical engine combines petrol direct injection with a turbocharger. Audi was the first manufacturer to introduce this technology in series production. Boasting 280 Nm of torque, available across a wide speed range from 1800 to 4200 rpm, the FSI engine offers excellent pulling power at any time. The A6 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.4 seconds and touches a top speed of 227 km/h. Its fuel consumption measures just 7.9 litres per 100 km."

I believe this is a good alternative to the E200 and 520i in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement

>>don't think so as its going to cannibalize on their A4 sales

huh? If anything, the profit margin of A6 should be more than A4.

Why would they be worried??sly.gifsly.gif

I think the A6 2.4 is now around 185k so the 2.0 FSI should be around 175k? Should still be OK as the A4 1.8T is around 160k I believe.

Just concerned whether the 2.0 really can pull such a large body around. Even the 2.4 seems rather anemic. I think 3L is the minimum engine size for such a vehicular class.

Neutral Newbie

the price of the audi A4 2.0T and a A6 2.4 is pretty close now.

So they would have problem on how they are going to price a 2.0T A6.

oops sorry my mistake, i meant the A6 2.4 sales, not the A4... [lipsrsealed]

Many yrs back, they got the A4 1.8T and the A6 1.8T on sale in Singapore as well.

Just like 320i and 520i are same capacity and both on sale in Singapore. Each cater to a different class of customer.

Most likely the 2.4 will be retired since it is the old engine from the previous A6. The 2.4 was launched to satisfy early adopters who did not wish to pay for the 3.0 and also capture some sales I think.

Methinks the current range will now be the 2.0T, 3.0 and 3.0 Quattro.

If you look at the century sprint timimg in my first post, I don't think that the car will be a slouch.

Here's some photos of the Audi A6 2.0TFSI

post-3-1120471421_thumb.jpg

post-3-1120471422_thumb.jpg

post-3-1120471423_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Despite being only 2L, 280Nm of torque is what really matters in pulling the car off the traffic light - almost equivalent to a 3L normally aspirated engine.

They are also putting in the Golf GTI engine (200bhp) into the A4. But i think PA is going to overprice it.

Only time will tell just really how fast it is. I am more interested in the fuel consumption figures [:)] Very good numbers for a sedan.

Unfortunately I am still not sold on the new corporate grill and I find the interior too teutonic, bland and hard-to-use(buttons and knob? urk...should use touchscreen like Lexus and Infiniti) for my taste but it is a great alternative to the usual suspects in this class [thumbsup]

If PA can price it well, it will be a much better buy than the E and 5 (190k to 200k). Its competitor in price will be the GS then.

The facelifted A4 2.0TFSI is listed at 185K ... without xenons and mated to multitronics, IMHO, they are not going to see good sales from this.

The 2.0TFSI in the A4 is pumping out 200bhp, whereas the one in the A6 is detuned to 170bhp, probably to fit into europe's tax structure or something.

So, it is going to be a problem for PA's product marketing team.

Having said all these, Audi make great cars with excellent built quality, no one built better interior than Audi.

Turbocharged
I think the A6 2.4 is now around 185k so the 2.0 FSI should be around 175k? Should still be OK as the A4 1.8T is around 160k I believe.

Just concerned whether the 2.0 really can pull such a large body around. Even the 2.4 seems rather anemic. I think 3L is the minimum engine size for such a vehicular class.

A4 1.8T cost $148,000 thereabouts ---> with an option to bargain if you push hard for it [sly]

Unlikely that the A6 2.0 TFSI will cannibalize its A4 equivalent.

The A6 TFSI will be priced higher than the A6 2.4.

As it is now, the A6 2.4 is nearly the same price as the A4 TFSI.

This is usual for VAG car pricing ... e.g. the VW Passat 1.8T cost more than the 2.0.

Also the previous Audi A4 1.8T cost more than the A4 2.0.

Turbocharged

Are you talking about a new model? Is there a new model? I was quoted $148,000, for the 1.8T, previously.