Assistance needed...those who experienced the same problem b4

Nightfalls

Neutral Newbie

hi all,

driving a Fit, I always felt that right front tyre is lower than the others..is it possible? what causes it?

symptoms - when turning to either sides with steering locked...the car feels like rocking while turning. it feels more when turning on the right than left side...

also, don alignment, balancing rotating...still the same...

left front tyre - outer side have wear , the other 3 tires don't have...

then after all the alignment, balancing rotating, changed of cmber nut on the front left.. 1month later the left front tyre show wear out on the outer side again...

any idea why?

thanks

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

easiest n more reliable answer is to goto "riverview" AMK Autopoint L4 and performa high speed computer balancing, let them check ur camber angle thoroughly.

ur rotation is just wheel balancing n not high speed balancing right?

Edited by Apollo

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

they did a balancing - removing the wheels to put on their machine to spin then put leads on to the wheels.

rotating...swapping the wheels from front to rear to even out wear..

and alignment check...front left is wrong..so changed camber nut to correct the angle..

Edited by Nightfalls

hi hi,

my jazzie also has abit of that issue. when i turn steering to full right and go forward, will jerk.. can be quite unsettling. will be sending the car for servicing next week, and will be asking the SE. Keep ya posted, okay?

(edited)

Looks like it is a chasis alignment problem, not a wheel alignmenr or balancing problem.

You have to get the chasis measurements check and if necessary rectify the problem.

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

have you checked the front left suspension.

either your left or right suspension might be worn out. From your description, it might seem the left hand side is the problem.

just a guess.

Car chasis has many location points and they are used as reference points during the manufacturing welding process.

If the undercarriage hits a hard object or the car meet an accident , the impact forces will cause misalignment among the points.

Measurement of the points is usually done on a bench. with either laser or mechanical trammel interface to the computer.

Damage undercarrige can be put back to almost near the original conditions unless the body repair shop has a pull/push body bench

Hi Yeo,

How come Jazziegirl has same problem??? Cud it b coincedence that both damaged their chassis???

Normally chassis mis-alignment caused by quite serious accident only.

What is the estimated cost to rectify minor chassis mis-alignment ?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

no accident b4....

i begin to get skeptical....

suspected and never know if they are brand new from Japan....

next time i will only buy direct from agent, or only a reputable PI.

Edited by Nightfalls

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
that one CMI lah, goto Riverview and do high speed balancing.

Kenny says that most Honda have these problem..just the different severity only...

4 heights of the wheels or whatever u called it..they are different...

he suggested need to get coilovers then he can adjust the height to make it level...

as for the front left tyre, he says the camber is out. need to change a camber nut to rectify. i told him I have done so, he puzzled and ask me where. I did it in MY, the camber nut used was from Proton Saga.

Also a possiblity of worn suspension...

book a appt on MOnday already....

anyway, i suspect it;s multiple factor casuing the problem..i think my suspension also goner...

WOW i tell u this car is a problematic car...asked around those that drive if they encounter all these - worn wheels bearings, go to stockist, it is even out of stock!

EGR valve also spoilt and out of stock! Some have slip clutch on their CVT...repair bills will amount to 1K plus....not only SG ones...even i go MY the Thai produced have the same problems....

Dun know all these are results of lowering cost from OEM....feel that cut corners to maximise their profits...

buy from my PI...warranty only 20000km only...wa lanzzzzz

Edited by Nightfalls

Coincident - possible. It is very difficult to do virtual troubleshooting where you do not have chance to touch, hear and see. Description of what happen , how it happen and when it happen by car users can vary greatly. First time car owners can be very sensitive and alarm even for simple happening like paint smell coming out from the engine bay or water dripping from the air cond condensor.

Less than 100k , I understand there is only about 8 full benches in Singapore mainly from the #1 maker " caroliner" of finland.

hi all,

driving a Fit, I always felt that right front tyre is lower than the others..is it possible? what causes it?

symptoms - when turning to either sides with steering locked...the car feels like rocking while turning. it feels more when turning on the right than left side...

also, don alignment, balancing rotating...still the same...

left front tyre - outer side have wear , the other 3 tires don't have...

then after all the alignment, balancing rotating, changed of cmber nut on the front left.. 1month later the left front tyre show wear out on the outer side again...

any idea why?

thanks

During the wheel align check, did u get a printout of the result.

It should states the car manufacturer statistic compared to you actual(current figure) in term of castor, camber, toe-in,toe out and toe in/out on turn. A good wheel alignment shop shd be able to produce this data for the customer.

Until we see the figure, then we can figure out what the problem and whether it is adjustable or not.

↡ Advertisement