New Accord 2.0 Better than Camry 2.0

Vit4wd

At $89.8K, or $1K less than the Camry 2.0, the Accord wins in terms of horse power, the screaming VTEC engine and engine note which is music to my ears.

Both are assembled in Thailand. There is less body roll than the Camry. In terms of interior space, it is a hard fight between the 2. The Accord looks less "uncle" in looks.

If you want to be driven, choose the Camry.

If you want to drive and feel the car, choose the Accord.

My guess is the Accord sales will overtake the Camry's in the coming months.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

What's the horsepower like for the Accord 2.0L? Same engine as JDM Accord and Integra?

If that's the case, then the 2.0 and 2.4L horsepowers are almost similar.

Integra 2.0 - 160bhp

Accord 2.0 - 150bhp

Accord 2.4 - 160bhp

I think JDM Accord 2.0 is 160bhp and is only avail thru PI.

You think so? Sometimes it is not about look and performance. Based on your anology, Civic would have long overtaken Corolla in term of sales volume. Ah Peks sure look for Ah pek cars, perhaps, they just go for the logo and the rest are secondary to them.

Regards,

Hypersonic

Frankly in terms of price, I rather go for Mazda 6 2.0L which is seling for ard 80K...cheaper by quite a lot and definitely more chio.

(edited)

At $89.8K, or $1K less than the Camry 2.0, the Accord wins in terms of horse power, the screaming VTEC engine and engine note which is music to my ears.

Both are assembled in Thailand. There is less body roll than the Camry. In terms of interior space, it is a hard fight between the 2. The Accord looks less "uncle" in looks.

If you want to be driven, choose the Camry. (4AT Transmission) [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

If you want to drive and feel the car, choose the Accord. (5AT tranmission ) [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][nod][nod][nod][nod][nod]

Not really man , because the accord is not that nice too but if it is the euro accord [inlove][inlove][inlove][inlove][nod][nod][nod][nod] It will definate overtake the camery man

Edited by Crv2004

Integra 2.0 - 160bhp

Accord 2.0 - 150bhp

Accord 2.4 - 160bhp

I think JDM Accord 2.0 is 160bhp and is only avail thru PI. [inlove][inlove][inlove][nod][nod][nod] It looks [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

CRV and Civic also assembled in Thailand, but S'pore is geting the Japan assembled ones.

You think so? Sometimes it is not about look and performance. Based on your anology, Civic would have long overtaken Corolla in term of sales volume. Ah Peks sure look for Ah pek cars, perhaps, they just go for the logo and the rest are secondary to them.

Regards,

Accord had bad sales previously as it comes only in 2.4l guise. This puts in at a disadvantage due to the pricing and road tax structure. Now both Camry 2l and Accord are just S$1K difference in price.

The Civic sales lost out to the previous G9 Japan assembled Corolla due to the much higher premium in price of the Civic VTi compared to the Corolla XLi and the Civic's SOHC engine and rear drum brakes put it at a disadvantage.

The Civic ESi commanded a lower premium than the VTi but this base model does not come with VTEC.

In any case, the Accord is bigger in overall dimensions than the Camry, but it looks more compact.

Accord 2l - L x W x H - 4830 x 1820 x 1455mm. Wheelbase 2740mm

Camry 2l - L x W x H - 4825 x 1810 x 1500. Wheelbase 2720mm

Frankly in terms of price, I rather go for Mazda 6 2.0L which is seling for ard 80K...cheaper by quite a lot and definitely more chio.

Mazda 6 is classified as Mediuum Sedan while Camry and Accord are classified as Big Sedan

Hence, they are in different leagues.

*Source : Car Buyer

In accident mostly the front 2 will be activated . The back 2 will not be used one . Sommore the camery very ah pei look. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement