Now new car is here... do glare first or tinting first?

Khimwoon

Neutral Newbie

jus got the car last thur... the problem now is... i planned to do both glare (got it at 288 during a promo at car-nival)... and i consider doing tinting also maybe coolnlite as imm very near to my place...

headache now is... should i tint first or polish first?

the car is a sunny ex manual silver... also planning to add strut bar infront for better cornering... i heard alutec is good... but any workshop at westside that got it?

should i change the main light to philip vision plus... will it be a waste of money consider the oem light quite bright laio...

wat abt spark plug and filter? should i change or not...

↡ Advertisement

wow.. u got a long list there.

depends on ur preference and budget.

some think tyres are impt and trade in for bigger ones on the 1st day.

there is no written rules as to wat to change 1st. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

IMO...

1. get the customised mat to protect the original mats.

2. tinting

3. tyres

4. polishing

the rest can wait till ur done with ur run-ins.

(edited)

Congrats to you for having a new ride [:)] IMHO, as the weather nowdays is no good, always raining hence i would recommend you to do up the Glare first then after to do up your tinting [nod] Adding a strut bar is good and i got mine from Yap Bros which is at Paya Ubi [:p] For filter & sparkplugs, maybe you can change it after running in for 1000Km [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Just saw it at Stamford Tyres Lok Yang (Tuas) branch but not certain if the model Khimwoon is looking for is available there. Khimwoon, best to call them before going down :)

I agree...with the way the weather is behaving these few weeks, I would say do up your sealant first to protect the paint from water spots. Tinting can always be done later since the weather is rather cool now :D

Neutral Newbie

agreed with u guys... now a day weather really horrible... think i do up the glare package first...

the tinting i thinking maybe skipping it... seen review on how the film coming loose etc etc... instead think i jus install a set of sun shade instead... see when wallet fatter then consider installing tinting...

i very please with the sunny manual power... so much better compared to the auto version... think the filter and sparkplug will change after the oem worn out...

so left the strut bar...

Neutral Newbie

is it... steady... will call them first... autobac dont have the alutec for sunny... damn haha...

Neutral Newbie

hmm wat happened to ur paint job? very bad?

hmm abt the tyres... the oem seem good enough for the moment... will change them after 20k... i thinking of comfort and noise...

jus got the car last thur... the problem now is... i planned to do both glare (got it at 288 during a promo at car-nival)... and i consider doing tinting also maybe coolnlite as imm very near to my place...

headache now is... should i tint first or polish first?

the car is a sunny ex manual silver... also planning to add strut bar infront for better cornering... i heard alutec is good... but any workshop at westside that got it?

should i change the main light to philip vision plus... will it be a waste of money consider the oem light quite bright laio...

wat abt spark plug and filter? should i change or not...

Bro,

It's ur choice. But some gentle words: Do not be misled that doing Pro PPS like Glare or Toughseal will reduce watermarks. The sealent which such companies use are almost the same, better or worse than what u can get off the shelves n do urself.

A key thing to know with these pro PPS companies is there's no such thing as 18mths warranty. Some even further state it can last 5 years. Impossible. They say u can have 18 mths warranty with regular 'car spa'. Again, then that's not really 18 mths warranty.

If i were u, it doesn't matter whether I glare or tint first. Timing has no real advantage. Depends on how much u willing to spend at first. $400 plus for PPS or $600? for tinting?

hehe.. enjoy ur ride

Neutral Newbie

initially i'm reluctant to do pps also... but during the car-nival there a 288 package... so i tot its no harm trying...

Just take it that with $300 for a GLARE package, you'll have a nicely detailed car for 18 months.

Do as as early as possible to avoid wearing to the paint work from the elements. If you do not want PPS, then at least but a good layer of wax/sealant. Don't leave it bare.

↡ Advertisement