Which brand blow off valve sound BEST ??

Shui75

What this is a bit subjective man... diff people like different sounds.

I like the HKS SSQV, but i know of some people who like flutter so they remove the stock BOV from their WRX's. I settled for a ARC as it was free (inherited from someone who changed cars), and love the darth vader sound. Oh yeah, the blitz one is pretty good too along with Sard's R2D2 (spelling???)

If you want to be noticed, you cannot go past the SSQV and R2D2....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'm shopping around.. do u think Greddy Type S sounds good?

Personally, I prefer soft, but audible.. Not loud and obnoxious.

Possible to buy one for less than 100SGD?

Edited by Zrun

I love the SSQV and R2D2 as they're really different from the rest... instantly recognisable, but they're just too loud. The type s and blitz sound fairly similar, like the normal pssht, except that the greddy kinda flutters. They just regular loud without being over the top.

The ARC on mine sounds like darth vader when he breaths in (or does he breath out???). ITs just a little bit softer than the blitz and Greddy ones. I havent been able to find it anywhere, and I'm really happy that i got it for free (I had to pull it apart, clean it, etc but hey it beats paying heaps).

Considering that the aust made GFB BOV's are already in the AUD$250 and above price range in Melb, I doubt you'll be able to get one in sg for less than $100 brand new. Second hand shouldn't be a prob i guess.

Seriously, I have the atmo BOV for wank factor. But hey sometimes must be a bit cool [sweatdrop] If you're choosing a BOV for sound, its what you like that counts. I remember there used to be a website with all the different sounds from the various BOV's but I can't remember the webpage.

Heheh... nvm I found it.... http://www.935motorsports.com/bovmedias.htm

Neutral Newbie

Don't waste that much money on BOV.. I think stay with something cheap, there are alot of imitation greddy type s.

So you prefer the "sneeze"? Have you considered Blitz? I guess you can also try the HKS if you like the sharp pitched blow off. I personally prefer the waste gate sound. Like rally cars.

Neutral Newbie

I don't know.. But there are only 2 types of BOV. Greddy + all the cheap stuffs are the traditional type. HKS SSQ(spelling?) is the type that does not leak during idle/off boost, which is better, but more expensive.

If going for the traditional type, just get something cheap, greddy should be the most expensive of the lot, if there are alternative brand they should all be cheaper.