[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

OMG , that mean Vezel buyers are buying a Japanese used car ? Buying a car that designed to use in Japan only , no wonder most JDM PI cars no radio HU because radio frequency is only for Japan use .

When you shop in Japan do you shop for those MIJ or for export?

Quite hilarious to read some of the recent postings. Given two cars the same but one for Jdm and another one for export. I would go for the jdm. 180km. Speed limiter on criuse control, nos of airbag etc etc all are part of the Japan road safety regulations.

The only downside in singapore is to source for a good PI. For the car safety compliance I will definitely go for JDM, Europe and American market than those meant for export.

I can't help it but to laugh when few posts back someone mentioned the procedures of PI shopping for car in Japan and Honda doesn't know their car are being exported out. Hahaha shopping for handbag/clothing?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

OMG , that mean Vezel buyers are buying a Japanese used car ? Buying a car that designed to use in Japan only , no wonder most JDM PI cars no radio HU because radio frequency is only for Japan use .

Legally yes. But the car would hardly be driven. The only mileage u see on the clock is to drive the car from the dealership to the port and from SG port to PI showroom etc

Japan FM band is from 77 to 92.5mhz, and at 0.5mhz increment. How to log onto our local FM band wor...

Those PI cars that came with integreated HU that cannot be dismantled... the owner die die have to use Android Auto or Apple Carplay for FM duties. Else switch off tuner altogether

• Praise 1

Dear Vezelian,

Have you change your stock battery ?

My 5 month old battery seem getting weaker & weaker. My cam cannot last for 3 day. Recently the next day the cam had stop recording due to battery had drop to 12V.

Would rather go for the JDM models rather than the export models quite frankly...

• Praise 1

I just collected my soul red CX-5 2.0 premium last week.  Nice quiet ride compared to my old Honda CRV 2.4.  Bose sound system ok, but cannot compared to my old ride ICE setup with external amp and subwoofer.  The GPS navigation system from Mazda surprisingly quite good (was using Garmin in my old ride).

Congratz! Oh, I didn't know the CRV is less quieter. The BOSE sound system is ok, nothing to shout about. And yes, the GPS is user friendly [thumbsup]

Enjoy the ride and hope to get a friendly horn from you if we do meet on the road:)

Congratz! Oh, I didn't know the CRV is less quieter. The BOSE sound system is ok, nothing to shout about. And yes, the GPS is user friendly [thumbsup]

Enjoy the ride and hope to get a friendly horn from you if we do meet on the road:)

The old CRV engine is quiet, but Road noise quite bad. My old ride tyres due for change already, so lagi more noisy.

Neutral Newbie

It might be possible for you download the latest map. 

plug in the GPS SD Card into your PC and download the Mazda toolkit at mazdanaviextras.com, once the Mazda Toolbox is downloaded onto your PC, it will prompt you if a new map is available.  

Have fun. 

• Praise 1

When you shop in Japan do you shop for those MIJ or for export?

Quite hilarious to read some of the recent postings. Given two cars the same but one for Jdm and another one for export. I would go for the jdm. 180km. Speed limiter on criuse control, nos of airbag etc etc all are part of the Japan road safety regulations.

The only downside in singapore is to source for a good PI. For the car safety compliance I will definitely go for JDM, Europe and American market than those meant for export.

I can't help it but to laugh when few posts back someone mentioned the procedures of PI shopping for car in Japan and Honda doesn't know their car are being exported out. Hahaha shopping for handbag/clothing?

To Honda Japan, if you are a Singapore dealer and you approach them and ask for a Vezel, they will tell you that Vezel is only for their domestic market.

In Singapore, their export model is called the HR-V and sold by their authorised distributor "KAH Motors" in Singapore.

I'm certain that Honda Japan is aware that their domestic models like Vezel, Fit, Harrier, shuttle etc.. Are being bought locally and then exported out to other countries. There is nothing that Honda can do about that.

Direct exporting on their own and having a private middle man doing the export after purchasing locally in Japan are two very different processes.

Pretty sure that Kah would have feedback to Japan that Vezel is stealing the HR-V business here.

Hi all,

May I know what's the difference between the X and the S model?

Gun metal painted trim around the car

Paddle shifters

17 inch rims

Heated mirrors and seats

Roof rails

Sport pedals

Do note that the new 2016 Vezel no longer has S model. It's now RS.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi, 

Have been a silent a silent reader all these while, decided to registered as a member just so i can post to warn fellow car buyers out there to be careful with their choice of PI. 

Purchased Vezel from a PI at the end of Feb, since then has faced lots of issues, and till today still yet to received my car. Instead of purchasing at a lower price with a 6-bid non guaranteed COE, we opt to top-up $5k for a so-called 'guaranteed COE, without top-ups' to ensure we have a car before our car scrap in Mid-Apr. 

Before we signed, we checked with the salesman regarding the OMV price (we wanted a 60% loan), and he guaranteed the car has a OMV lower than $20k. A few days after the initial deposit and signing of agreement, he called to said the OMV was in fact higher than $20k, several phone calls (& threatening) later, magically they managed to have one with a lower OMV. In between there were some issues with getting a loan.

Fast forward to last weekend, we were told the loan has finally been approved, and that they would be bidding for us in the 1st round of Apr COE bidding, and thereafter they would arrange for delivery of vehicle.

Who knows the ordeal never seem to end, called in this morning to check on the status again and was told they missed securing a COE for us by a TEN BUCKS! Again, they promised they would definitely get a COE in the next round.

Really disappointed by the ethics & 'stunts' displayed by the PI, we specially paid more for a guaranteed COE, yet by the time our car is due to scrap we still won't received it. 

Just a personal experience to share, anyone has any advise on the next course of action we should take? Heard some dealers actually has open COE for events like these, may want to drop by the cardealer showroom this weekend to speak with them face-to-face and see if they such option to offer us. 

Edited by BB88xx

Hi,

Have been a silent a silent reader all these while, decided to registered as a member just so i can post to warn fellow car buyers out there to be careful with their choice of PI.

Purchased Vezel from a PI at the end of Feb, since then has faced lots of issues, and till today still yet to received my car.

Just a personal experience to share, anyone has any advise on the next course of action we should take? Heard some dealers actually has open COE for events like these, may want to drop by the cardealer showroom this weekend to speak with them face-to-face and see if they such option to offer us.

Sorry to hear your plight. Perhaps can share some hints of which PI this is...

Hi,

Purchased Vezel from a PI at the end of Feb, since then has faced lots of issues, and till today still yet to received my car. Instead of purchasing at a lower price with a 6-bid non guaranteed COE, we opt to top-up $5k for a so-called 'guaranteed COE, without top-ups' to ensure we have a car before our car scrap in Mid-Apr.

Before we signed, we checked with the salesman regarding the OMV price (we wanted a 60% loan), and he guaranteed the car has a OMV lower than $20k. A few days after the initial deposit and signing of agreement, he called to said the OMV was in fact higher than $20k, several phone calls (& threatening) later, magically they managed to have one with a lower OMV. In between there were some issues with getting a loan.

Fast forward to last weekend, we were told the loan has finally been approved, and that they would be bidding for us in the 1st round of Apr COE bidding, and thereafter they would arrange for delivery of vehicle.

Who knows the ordeal never seem to end, called in this morning to check on the status again and was told they missed securing a COE for us by a TEN BUCKS! Again, they promised they would definitely get a COE in the next round.

Really disappointed by the ethics & 'stunts' displayed by the PI, we specially paid more for a guaranteed COE, yet by the time our car is due to scrap we still won't received it.

Now that loan is settled for you, that's good.

meanwhile, do ask your PI and check if that under 20k car is Vitas passed. Which means it is fully inspected and simply waiting for inspection. If he claims that it is, you may ask him to start installing accessories for you such as headunit, leather seats, etc other stuff that you have in your package.

Also does your pi your have insurance ready?

All this would take time and if this is done before April round 2 COE bidding, you will simply need to make sure that you secure your coe next round and with it, your car can be immediately registered and once it's registered your dealer needs to just get the license plates made and placed onto your car and you can start driving it.

For open cat coe, he may/ may not have open cat coe under his company name. If he does, you may try and ask if he can use it for you. If he does not have and if i remember correctly, he can purchase it from other dealers which I don't think people would easily let go of. Or else he has to wait for april 2nd round coe bidding like you have to.

On day of bidding, do login and monitor the coe prices. Supposing he enters $48,000 bid price on 20th april at 10am which is closing date for 2nd round coe, and at 3.30pm you login and see that current bid price is at 48,550, do quickly give the dealer a call and tell him to revise your bid with a higher amount so that you can get your guaranteed coe.

Hope all works out well for you. Good luck.

Turbocharged

Vezel KILLER !!!

frankfurt-c-hr-concept--toyota-1140_tcm-

Vezel killer? By the time this car reach out shore, vezel already reach facelift or maybe new generation already...too late into the game.... Hehehhe

(edited)

Now that loan is settled for you, that's good.

meanwhile, do ask your PI and check if that under 20k car is Vitas passed. Which means it is fully inspected and simply waiting for inspection. If he claims that it is, you may ask him to start installing accessories for you such as headunit, leather seats, etc other stuff that you have in your package.

Also does your pi your have insurance ready?

All this would take time and if this is done before April round 2 COE bidding, you will simply need to make sure that you secure your coe next round and with it, your car can be immediately registered and once it's registered your dealer needs to just get the license plates made and placed onto your car and you can start driving it.

For open cat coe, he may/ may not have open cat coe under his company name. If he does, you may try and ask if he can use it for you. If he does not have and if i remember correctly, he can purchase it from other dealers which I don't think people would easily let go of. Or else he has to wait for april 2nd round coe bidding like you have to.

On day of bidding, do login and monitor the coe prices. Supposing he enters $48,000 bid price on 20th april at 10am which is closing date for 2nd round coe, and at 3.30pm you login and see that current bid price is at 48,550, do quickly give the dealer a call and tell him to revise your bid with a higher amount so that you can get your guaranteed coe.

Hope all works out well for you. Good luck.

I don't think the dealer will revise the bid if u call them to revise. Unless u confirm with yr SE to top up  then they will up yr revise bid. On the day you call yr SE to revise yr COE bid, then SE revise for you then u did not promise wht you said, the SE have to pay from his or her pocket money. SE will not take the risk.

Call yr SE to check in order to secure the COE for yr last  2 bidding lor.

Edited by sonic_kp

Hi, 

Purchased Vezel from a PI at the end of Feb, since then has faced lots of issues, and till today still yet to received my car. Instead of purchasing at a lower price with a 6-bid non guaranteed COE, we opt to top-up $5k for a so-called 'guaranteed COE, without top-ups' to ensure we have a car before our car scrap in Mid-Apr. 

Did they write down the chassis number in the sales agreement? Did you check the bidding personally?

Highly COE went up so they did not enter & bluffed u.

U top up 5k yet they chut pattern [shakehead]

Next round u check the bidding and call up your SE to pressure him if not what is 'guaranteed COE, without top-ups' for [whip] 

Vezel killer? By the time this car reach out shore, vezel already reach facelift or maybe new generation already...too late into the game.... Hehehhe

Yalor still concept and long way to go.

Highly when come up is different design already... [rolleyes]

I don't think the dealer will revise the bid if u call them to revise. Unless u confirm with yr SE to top up  then they will up yr revise bid. On the day you call yr SE to revise yr COE bid, then SE revise for you then u did not promise wht you said, the SE have to pay from his or her pocket money. SE will not take the risk.

Call yr SE to check in order to secure the COE for yr last  2 bidding lor.

He already topped up 5k previously for guaranteed COE. If his dealer is not proactive enough to do the monitoring of current coe price, he may just miss his COE again by 10 bucks. 

Unless of course his dealer confirm plus chop make sure he will get his COE next round by placing in a 80k bid.. Confirm get.

This car looks like a giant bug, there is no finesse in the design

Hi,

Purchased Vezel from a PI at the end of Feb, since then has faced lots of issues, and till today still yet to received my car. Instead of purchasing at a lower price with a 6-bid non guaranteed COE, we opt to top-up $5k for a so-called 'guaranteed COE, without top-ups' to ensure we have a car before our car scrap in Mid-Apr.

Maybe let me share my story as well.

I booked in mid Jan. Car to be deliver near end april as my ride will due to be scrap on 2nd may. My price was 3k higher than their asking price due to no loan. I was only told of the 40k rebate stated in the agreement. No nos of bid/guarantee/non guarantee stated in the agreement. My se kept assuring me no need to bother about the coe. I did not contact her during these 3 months of waiting times.

This week the se called and whatapp the chasis, iu nos and picture. Car ready. Went down made final payment. This weekend collecting my ride.

Ok...Probably they earn a much higher margin from my deal. No fuss. Given the PI company standard Freebies.

There was another PI which I approached much earlier. I back out after seeing so many pages/different documents which required me to sign upon placing the deposit. I backout. The current PI only required me to sign on one copy of SA. The rest signed upon final payment.

↡ Advertisement