[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Have a question about i-Stop.  This is the first long weekend after I got my CX5, thus the CX5 was not driven since Sat afternoon until this (Tue) morning.  During the 30min drive this morning, realised that I-Stop never kicked in.  Checked on the information display the "battery" icon is not active.

Is this due to battery drain after a long weekend?  I have front/back dashcam installed and connected to the battery for parking mode.  If yes, typically how long a drive is needed to charge up the battery to be sufficient for I-Stop again?

Edited : just read from another forum ... "you don't close all the doors properly then start the engine, the computer disables i-Stop for that whole trip".  I started my car this morning when my daughter was still putting her stuff into the back seat, thus door not closed when engine started. 

Why the Mazda engineer did this?  Quite a stupid rule if it is true.  Will monitor closely when I am driving again in the evening.

wah bro you really connect your cam directly to car battery ? outside workshop after collecting your car ? my SE told me on the 1st day that i  should not do so as it will mess up istop..

wah bro you really connect your cam directly to car battery ? outside workshop after collecting your car ? my SE told me on the 1st day that i should not do so as it will mess up istop..

Done outside workshop. Not really directly to the battery, but tap from existing wire which draws power from the battery. I installed Lukas which has a built in battery level monitor, which will shut off the camera when it sense the battery is low.

Used for 1 month no issue. Today after long weekend first time affecting I-stop. But in the evening after more driving (or braking), I-stop is starting to work again.

Can the display on info panel on the right of the speedo/tech be configured to show English instead of Jap?

So far, all the pictures I see show Jap words only.

I checked before. Answer is no as this is a car made for jap market only.

I checked before. Answer is no as this is a car made for jap market only.

Thanks for the info!  Do you know if only that particular screen is Jap or there are a lot more Jap stuff being displayed?  If it is just one screen, then maybe still OK!

Twincharged
(edited)

Not all model got the i-Eloop,i knew Mazda 6,only 2.5 model got it,2.0,don't have,CX-5 not very sure...those car with i-Eloop will got a i-Eloop 'charging meter'....yes,i-Eloop only charging when braking or coasting.

Edited by ER-3682

Thanks for the info!  Do you know if only that particular screen is Jap or there are a lot more Jap stuff being displayed?  If it is just one screen, then maybe still OK!

Think only the words on the right side of the speedo screen is in jap. Its ok to me. Can understand the symbols. 

Not all model got the i-Eloop,i knew Mazda 6,only 2.5 model got it,2.0,don't have,CX-5 not very sure...those car with i-Eloop will got a i-Eloop 'charging meter'....yes,i-Eloop only charging when braking or coasting.

Agreed on this.  My 2.0 CX5 does not have the I-Eloop charging meter, so should be no capacitor to store charges.

This morning starting to drive also no I-Stop.  After 20min of driving, I-stop became active (as compared to yesterday where it became active only after 1 hour of driving).  Was paying close attention to the battery icon in the fuel management screen.  Most of the time, the battery icon lights up (ie battery is ready for i-stop) when vehicle is deccerating. 

Agreed on this.  My 2.0 CX5 does not have the I-Eloop charging meter, so should be no capacitor to store charges.

This morning starting to drive also no I-Stop.  After 20min of driving, I-stop became active (as compared to yesterday where it became active only after 1 hour of driving).  Was paying close attention to the battery icon in the fuel management screen.  Most of the time, the battery icon lights up (ie battery is ready for i-stop) when vehicle is deccerating. 

Shouldn't have any issue with the i-Stop although I would suggest using an external battery pack like Cellink.

I personally turn off i-Stop everytime I start the car though. The i-Stop doesn't really work very long and often restarts the engine after like 15sec at the traffic light. Of course that is with A/C on and having other devices drawing power like car cam.

Think only the words on the right side of the speedo screen is in jap. Its ok to me. Can understand the symbols. 

Thanks for your feedback.  Do you know if Vezel hybrid's CEVS $15k or $10k?

Twincharged

Shouldn't have any issue with the i-Stop although I would suggest using an external battery pack like Cellink.

I personally turn off i-Stop everytime I start the car though. The i-Stop doesn't really work very long and often restarts the engine after like 15sec at the traffic light. Of course that is with A/C on and having other devices drawing power like car cam.

My i-Stop can lasts for 2mins in the Morning,A/C setting at 25/24....which is enough for any Red light.

I think your Battery not very good,try overnight w/o camera on,see will it be better..my car no camera,i-stop will work,once the 'blue engine cold' light goes off...by the way,my battery already 18 months.

My i-Stop can lasts for 2mins in the Morning,A/C setting at 25/24....which is enough for any Red light.

I think your Battery not very good,try overnight w/o camera on,see will it be better..my car no camera,i-stop will work,once the 'blue engine cold' light goes off...by the way,my battery already 18 months.

yup same here.. my iStop normally starts as soon as I exit the MSCP car park, ie within a few minutes..

Thanks for your feedback.  Do you know if Vezel hybrid's CEVS $15k or $10k?

If not wrong Vezel Hybrid CEVS is $30K based on what my PI told me.

We got our Vezel from the PI in 1 bid and deliver in 2 weeks.....  PI also gave higher trade in price and better accessories such as better headunit.....

yup same here.. my iStop normally starts as soon as I exit the MSCP car park, ie within a few minutes..

My I-stop used to be this way too for the first month with the dashcam connected.  Only after the long weekend where vehicle was not driven for 62 hours, then it started taking a long time to start working.

For Tue -> Thur (today), the time for I-stop to start working in the morning is reducing

Tue : 1 hr

Wed : 30 min

Thur : 15 min  

Looks like related to the battery drain caused by the additional dashcam. 

↡ Advertisement