[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Not driving vezel.  Just curious, doesnt the electric park brake automatically engage when you open door?

No, it doesn't; at least for my S model, not sure about other models. Even when I turned off the engine and locked the doors, the PB still does not activate itself.

↡ Advertisement

Buck Boost charge/discharge converter... for the idling start/stop recall issue late last year.

Stooky

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 PM

Any Vezel owners replaced the BBC already? My PI sent me a letter saying I need to pay for the new BBC. Is the cost of the replacement part supposed to be covered by the PI?

My PI ask me to send my car in for replacement in June (FOC).

I did not see them replace it because they say will take whole day, so I went back to work. To be frank, they could have just park it there and do nothing.

I got use to disabling it after I start the car and is still disabling it now.

I don't think PI will risk doing nothing, because can track the recall status here : https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html

choose "Click here to access recall(s) affecting a specific vehicle" in the above hyperlink.

• Praise 1

Am thinking of purchasing either a Vezel or a Jazz to replace my current car which is turning 10 years old. Main consideration is whether the Vezel's back seat can be folded down to accommodate bicycles. I see that there are many models out there. Any cycling enthusiast with the Vezel?

Can.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Tian6970
  • Praise 1

I don't think PI will risk doing nothing, because can track the recall status here : https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html

choose "Click here to access recall(s) affecting a specific vehicle" in the above hyperlink.

Yeah... but what I mean is that on paper it would have been 'rectified' but they could have done nothing.

I would be more comfortable if I have seen them work on my car.

Edited by w7_lee
  • Praise 1

1. For safety reasons, you should NEVER leave your gear in D when you are exiting your car. (Remember the taxi driver incident at the gantry?) Why play with your life?

2. The name says it all. Brake hold is just for holding your brakes when you're stopping for awhile. i.e. traffic lights. EPB is your handbrake and you should only use it as it is and not for other purposes. The reason why the car switches to P it's because BH doesn't activate when your seat belt is off. This is also for safety purposes.

3. Never encountered before. The BH should deactivate the moment you depress the accelerator.

Thanks for the replies!

"Brake hold is just for holding your brakes when you're stopping for awhile. i.e. traffic lights". This explain it. Because I read earlier in this thread that someone had mentioned it  can be used when you need to get out of the car to slot in cashcard at carpark gantry.

"The BH should deactivate the moment you depress the accelerator." - I agree. It is just that after driving off, I pressed the BH button again and the dashboard message show: "BH is off". Perhaps it is trying to say "BH is ALREADY off". ;)

According to HRV manual,;)

1. to turn off BH, press brake pedal first

2. brake hold cancels when

- step on accelerator

- braking applied for more than 10 min

- electric parking brake is engage

- foot brake pressed and shift lever is moved to P or R

- driver's seat belt unfastened

- engine turned off

Neutral Newbie

Yeah... but what I mean is that on paper it would have been 'rectified' but they could have done nothing.

I would be more comfortable if I have seen them work on my car.

The PI should return you the old replaced part. If they didn't, you should ask for it.

Thanks for the replies!

"Brake hold is just for holding your brakes when you're stopping for awhile. i.e. traffic lights". This explain it. Because I read earlier in this thread that someone had mentioned it can be used when you need to get out of the car to slot in cashcard at carpark gantry.

"The BH should deactivate the moment you depress the accelerator." - I agree. It is just that after driving off, I pressed the BH button again and the dashboard message show: "BH is off". Perhaps it is trying to say "BH is ALREADY off". ;)

According to HRV manual,;)

1. to turn off BH, press brake pedal first

2. brake hold cancels when

- step on accelerator

- braking applied for more than 10 min

- electric parking brake is engage

- foot brake pressed and shift lever is moved to P or R

- driver's seat belt unfastened

- engine turned off

According to my limited experience with brake hold, I just switch on/off by pressing the button.

It's deactivated when I step on the accelerator. (Deactivated not switched off)

I used it when I'm caught in a jam across the causeway.

Never applied for more than 10mins before, never switched to other gears before. (Since it's supposed to be a temp measure only)

Never unfasten seat beat before also or turned off engine.

Edited by Dp26

Yes.. If ur crusing abv 110, and set to cruise it wld auto go down to 110..

Thanks for the info, Aswat!

I want to ask something about the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

I read from internet that the ACC system allows you to adjust the space between you and the vehicle in front of you (with intervals of short, medium and long),

Is the setting to be done after clicking the SET button to start cruising OR if a car appear in front of you, then you adjust the interval to a shorter one?

And is LKAS (Lane Keep Assist) only used during cruising? Because I only noticed it is lighted up during cruising.

Hi,

Went to view vezel hybrid with sensing. Quoted 104k. I looked at base model without hybrid but come with sensing, it is around 100k too. Wonder if it is because no one buy the hybrid version as I would think hybrid model will cost much more.

Was quoted 5 years battery warranty only. Read from Ioniq thread, it is selling at 113k with 10year battery warranty. Seeems good deal too.

In the manual, it was stated that the key "contains a number that you will need if you purchase a replacement key".

Is this key number tag the number inside which you can see when you remove the built-in key?

Hi,

Went to view vezel hybrid with sensing. Quoted 104k. I looked at base model without hybrid but come with sensing, it is around 100k too. Wonder if it is because no one buy the hybrid version as I would think hybrid model will cost much more.

Was quoted 5 years battery warranty only. Read from Ioniq thread, it is selling at 113k with 10year battery warranty. Seeems good deal too.

The cost you saw is marginal because of CEV rebates! 

Petrol you probably still have some OMV to salvage but Hybrid is merely 2500 after 10 yrs.

• Praise 1

anyone book the car recently?

care to share your perks?

Deal breaker for me was the 1.88% car loan interest. Booked the CX-5. Taking delivery in 2 weeks.

Deal breaker for me was the 1.88% car loan interest. Booked the CX-5. Taking delivery in 2 weeks.

was it last week you booked? 1.88% for all models or selected model?

was it last week you booked? 1.88% for all models or selected model?

Booked it 2 months ago. 8 bids NG. Yes, 1.88% for all models during that promo period. Not sure if its still applicable now.

↡ Advertisement